Thursday, July 5, 2012

ICHP: Spray Tan and Sunshine in the Country

2012-07-05 ICHP_005

As you can see, this is a complete departure from my usual style - but I was so intrigued by the bib-miniskirt and tub top from SLC Couture that I simply had to give it a try. The sizing is a bit off, but it looks kind of loose and fun to me, so I rolled with it. I ended up shrinking a few places so I could wear it without invisilayers, since I was enough off of the base shape that you could see through me in a few places. One thing I really like about mesh is the ability to seem much smaller than your clothing, though; no longer the skin-tight of system layers, fabric can drape over a body and form new shapes which make it much more realistic and fun to take pictures of. In this case, I put the medium bustier top under the large overalls, and it looks like I pieced together an outfit from my dad's clothes and maybe some window curtains! A perfect Country look that needed a country place. The lovely ladies in the Mock Cosmetics Group pointed me to T-Town, which proved to be a fantastic place to match the style of my outfit. I love the rows of lavender and the old town, somewhat broken down buildings; it really got me in the mood of being a country girl with her pet owl (50$L Friday Release by Silent Sparrow - it hoots when you click it!).

2012-07-05 ICHP_001

The jewelry is from my ongoing favorite, Elemental; I figured it looked like the kind of thing a girl would pull together from brightly colored river rocks, bouncing around the farm with her jewels clinking. The hair is a perfect updo, too, from Secrets Hair. I love the braid across the forehead, and I was able to resize it and work the dangly tufts in front of the ears; it's really a lovely, breezy style. As suits a farmgirl, I went brunette and matched it with a darker-than-usual skin from Dulce Secrets and pale as ice eyes from Mayfly (the area was no script, so I couldn't pose my eyes for best look, but these are an amazing design in brilliant shades). The makeup you see is included with the skin; the shadows are darker than I'm used to, but I think it works well with a tannish-red skin. I liked the texturing of the face, too; much less sweet and innocent than my usual skin - which I thought elevated my farmgirl from naif wild child to a woman flirting with elegance. That same elegance is echoed in the nails (a first for me! I'm still not sure what I think of them overall, but the ones from Moondance were lovely) and these gorgeous heels from Felicity. Clearly, she's on her way to town, since there's no way anyone could do farmwork in stilettos!

2012-07-05 ICHP_006

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Dulce Secrets, Lyric Amaretto (promotional item)
Eyes: Mayfly, Deep Sky Mesh - Monet Dawn (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Secrets, Naive - Mocha (promotional item)
Head-owl: Silent Sparrow, Owl-ee! (50$L Linden Friday)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Elemental, Tropical Earth (promotional item)
Nails: Moondance, Square Extra Short Gothic Lolita (promotional item)
Outfit: SLC Designs, Mesh Bib & Brace Mini Skirt and Bustier Top (promotional item)
Shoes: Felicity, Harlow Shoe (promotional item)

Location: T-Town
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Azure
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment