Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 31 - Wales

Tangled Falls

The color Wales was a pain in the butt to find, but I actually really like it. It's a bright, sweet, slightly blue shade of green which isn't commonly found in clothing on Second Life, which is what made it fun to finally, twenty to thirty outfits in, find the color. I ended up with one of my oldest (and yet still favorite) styles from G Field, her Rose Fairy dress, available with four or five types of skirt in about a dozen colors. I own them all, and I do mean them all. This dress and the matching shoes were one of my first purchases at G Field, and I still wear them regularly. I believe her roses are the loveliest in Second Life. The hair from Exile, by contrast, is one of the new rigged mesh releases that I picked up at the hair faire, and comes with color-changing butterflies; it's just tucked a bit against the shoulders, but it really makes the style much more versatile and pose friendly! Speaking of poses, I've been using a lot of Glitterati recently, and it's really been perfect. I combined three set of cosmetics for the facial look, a large eyeshadow/blush from cheLLe, with under-eye petals from Virtual Insanity, and then a lovely pale gloss from Mock for the lips.

Cliff Edge

I've been thinking a lot lately about adulthood versus childishness. Remembering back to when I was new in Second Life, and what I do now; remembering an incident when I was quite new and going about in a child form and was called "creepy". The comment was made then, and I've seen it echoed in many places, that adult things and child things should be distinct, and that when one becomes an adult one should leave both childishness and childlikeness behind. One of my big adult tasks has been getting better at taking care of my habitat and keeping up with all of my responsibilities, but I've found my desire to revisit and enjoy things from my childhood - and things from new childhoods since I was a child - remains unchanged. Even as my eyes roll at some of the storylines from favorites like Jem or She-Ra, I enjoy a less complicated time. There was something odd about going from the television series Touching Evil to childhood cartoons, but the balance between realism and naivete is appealing to me, and I don't see myself giving up the latter any time soon.

Shadowpaths

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow 1: cheLLe, Tropical
Eyeshadow 2: Virtual Insanity, Paintbrush 15
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Blush
Hair: Exile, Wide Awake (Hair Faire)
Dress: G Field, Rose Fairy green
Feet: SLink, Mesh Natural Barefeet

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Isle of Amras
Light Settings: Deo-chan, Mint Madness
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment