Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pretty in Pink

End of the Rainbow

I haven't made it to the Relay for Life racetrack before, but I've had a lot of fun finding things along the path. I know I've complained about this before, but it often seems like there isn't enough time; RFL is an enormous event across multiple sims, and it's only up for a few days, so there isn't a lot of time to explore. Add in the changes I've been making offline - rearranging my living room, meeting people in that strange sim called "Offline", and trying to stay on top of housework - and I often feel like I'm limping miles behind my thoughts and plans, hoping to catch up. I think that's a common feeling in this day and age - the world is a fuller, busier place where we're more in touch with things across the globe than we've ever been before, and that is in and of itself overwhelming. My small clinging to things I can control - my pictures, my blogs, the tiny space I call my apartment - can only go so far. I'm trying to find the joy in the dance of anxiety and confusion that is my life and I think I'm succeeding as far as I can.

Pinned Up

This adorable, eared hoodie is a new release from Violent Seduction. Overall, I liked it. The inside is mostly lined except for inside of the ears and high up in the hoodie itself, which makes pictures easier to accomplish. Some of the edges are a bit jagged and raw and I'm not entirely sure why*, but the overall whimsy and style of the hoodie is difficult to match. It is made for the wider hipped among us, but I found that looked perfectly fine despite being of a narrower hipped shape due to the implied bulk of the fabric. I was able to fit the cute Alice hair from Wasabi Pills under without too much difficulty, and I went pink since I've been on a cooler bent for a few weeks now. Hot pink pants from katat0nik rounded out the look; unfortunately, the length of the hoodie meant I couldn't fit a skirt underneath, so I took an unusual foray into pants and pulled out this awesome old group gift. The final piece were pumps from Lassitude and Ennui, a store which doesn't release as often as some others, but whom has superior shoes in my opinion.

Stretching Out on the Green

* Sgt. Pepper had some fantastic tips! So in her words, "it seems like you're having a mesh bug with your photos which explains the jagged edges. By using a less harsh light such as 'Nam's optimal skin and prim' and by reattaching the jacket you can counter this. It seems to be a problem with some clients. It causes mesh to look terrible in some cases; I believe LL is working on a fix; but a softer light or reattaching the mesh usually fixes it." I don't think the mesh looks terrible, but tips are always good!

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Boom, Hard Candy - Pink Sugar
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips Fuschia (50$L Friday)
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Alice Mesh Hair (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Jasmin necklace
Hoodie: Violent Seduction, Ferale Hoodie
Pants: katat0nik, Love Butt Pants (group gift)
Socks: G Field, Button Socks - gray
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Skully Pumps - pink

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Relay For Life
Light Settings: Bristol
Water Settings: Atomist 2

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment