Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 29 - Persian Rose

Pillars and Chessboards

I'm so late on this Color Challenge - I think this is the first time since the challenge began - with a lovely shade of pink called Persian Rose. The windlight - one of Torley's set in the FOG subheading - was central to bringing out the pinks, and I found the contrasting green really fascinating. This isn't the psychedelic pink and green of a watermelon, but rather it's duskier, darker sibling; one imagines a goth watermelon complaining about being told to take out her piercings and slamming the door in her parents' faces. I got two of the pictures taken in time, then was distracted by a flaw in the outfit and a glorious weekend offline, and came back several days late to wrap it up - only to find the Relay for Life sims were gone. I mourn all of the ones I didn't see, but there are only so many hours in the day and I am finding more and more that I simply can't accomplish everything I'd like to. I ended up seeking out the LEA sims instead, on LEA 6, a display which opened on the fifteenth of July and is ending... sometime. I wish the end dates were more explicit; it would make it easier to prioritize; I'm only halfway through photographing another LEA sim and feeling all the weight of the end of the month. I'm also feeling quite sore and tired, but happy, so I suppose things balance out in the end - even my woefully late Color Challenge.

Pixeldancing

The outfit is from Pinkmares, a store I've been meaning to showcase for a while due to her incredibly generosity. A regularly changing midnight mania and four lucky offers are always on in her store, and holidays regularly lead to hunts, additional lucky boards, and other offers. The store is a must join for any Thrifty Goths about, both for the free offers and the outfits for sale. My one complaint - and it is on the nitpicky side - is that the top of this particular gown had a line at the back of the neck which drove me wild until I realized what layer it was on. I photographed around it, but it didn't let me highlight this amazing Hair Faire offering from Discord Designs properly from the back (yes, I really am that picky, no I didn't change my top).  I have several angles to show off this awesome close braid with it's metal fastenings, though, and it is up to Discord Designs' usual high standards. The jewelry is another amazing release from Elemental and matches not at all, which I ended up deciding was fun; I had planned to swing by the store to hunt for something in pink, but the yellow was such a contrast to the rest in a look that really had very little contrast. The curling vines around my eyes are an amazing eye-makeup from White Widow and were, when I picked them up at least, very economical for a really distinctive and theatrical effect. I have a half dozen in the wings, so expect to see more from that store in the future. I thought the combination with my usual secondary eyelashes was very nice as well - vines and flowers are a weakness of mine, I suppose!

Sound Behind Me

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: White Widow, Rosees
Lipstick: Mock, Pomegranate Lip Jelle
Hair: Discord Designs, Delrey - Baby Blonde (promotional item)
Jewelry: Elemental, Sunray Set (promotional item)
Dress: PiNkMaReS HoUsE, Beautifully Broken
Shoes: G Field, Strap Shoes "Alex"

Poses: Long, Awkward Pose

Location 1: Relay For Life
Location 2: LEA6 - Lollito Larkham
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Melon Chapterhouse
Water Settings: Atomist 2

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment