Monday, April 23, 2012

Pose Faire: I Love my Companion Cube

Weighted Companion Cube

This is not a picture from the Fantasy Faire - it's from the Pose Faire, which is only around a few more days - but what I'm wearing is definitely Fantasy Faire stuff. The tunic is a free gift from De La Soul that she gave out while she was in prison; it comes both for Petites, as shown here, and for biguns. I have it on good authority that it will be available as part of the Fantasy Faire hunt starting on Tuesday the 24th, so check out her store on Shifting Sands tomorrow once you've found the key!

Bound in Glow

I'm a member of a very fun group where I semi-regularly quasi-roleplay; that is I offer up things in chat - like offering food, or laying out dominoes, or something else people can respond to. The most common response I get is minimal or none, at least these days, the second is for people to play back with me, which used to be the norm but no longer is. The third is the one which niggles at me, though; it's people who respond primarily to bring about a negative consequence. For example, once I brought out an enormous plate of truffles, and someone immediately posted stealing them all. Another time I posted running through the chat, and someone stuck out their foot to trip me. A third time I posted filling the room with a giant sundae and someone posted disgusting things she did in the sundae. It's an impulse which really interests me because it is simultaneously alien and familiar; I don't respond this way to playful, roleplay-esque content but I do to people complaining about things or objecting to things universally; for example, in one of my groups a person complained about someone on Second Life standing on her table and  protested that I enjoyed standing on tables. I think part of the underlying impulse is to correct whatever is going on in the chat to our moral standing; I object to people making blanket statements while other people object to people being nonsensical and playful. It's an interesting impulse, and one I want to keep a closer eye on - in myself and in others.

In Hand

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Body: Skinthesis, Thumbelina - Sunny Freckles (promotional item, Fantasy Faire Donation)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee - Static Rainbow
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Amandine Petite Mesh
Wings: Skinthesis, Luna Fantasia (promotional item, Fantasy Faire Donation)
Outfit: De La Soul, Free Tunic Petite - Violet (promotional item, Fantasy Faire Donation)
Shoes: Ravenwood, Soft Leather Hide Boots - Petite

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Pose Faire
Sky Settings: AvatarOpt
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment