Sunday, April 12, 2015

Two Entwined

On the Edge of Falling

The second Charlie released the Dominic male skins in Drow shades, I knew I wanted to try my hand at couples poses. I'm not practiced in these sorts of pictures at all, either in setting them up or arranging things so that bodies don't go through bodies! I'm further hampered by a dedication to being both short in body and long in arms, and prior to very recently my male alt, poor Quatre, looked horrid.

All of that was fixed this week!

Well, I'm still short in body and long in arms, but the rest got modified around. I started with Quatre's shape, picking up the free set of base shapes from the marketplace and then making minor modifications until he looked more like the Quatre of my dreams - isn't he a hawty? His skin is, of course, the newest release from .:Soul:. in the lightest Drow shade - a gorgeously textured piece of loveliness with several different tattoo options for musculature - I'm showing athletic but there's also muscled, which is much more heavily demarked, and soft, which is very gentle and could work for fembois or androgynous figures as well; I've seen it on a female shape, and the effect is striking. It also comes with several stubble and brow options, nails, and appliers for a lot of bodyparts, like kissers, SLink hands and feet, and the Mesh Project. The .:Soul:. Uni ears I'm wearing came with a HUD which gave me all of the .:Soul:. skin tones, so that was incredibly easy to set up, and I used the human skin HUD to give myself lovely little ear tattoos - a fun bonus to the Uni ears. Deoridhe is also wearing a .:Soul:. Drow skin, in her case the Catalina in the darkest on offer - there is also a tone in between these two, but I thought the contrast of burnished silver and rich onyx was the most fun.

Come up to Me

Dressing my poor, neglected Quatre was also an experience, as I've never tried to dress a boy before! The shoes, at least, were easy; I knew FATEstep had just had a huge release, and that all of the shoes came with a ton of options - so Quatre ended up with some slick shoes that should do well by him in a wide variety of styles and outfits. They fit perfectly into pants, as I can now say from experience - I tried a ton of different pants from a ton of men's stores, trying for a mood and feel that worked, and I ended up at a store I don't think I've featured before, Lapointe and Bastchild. These leather pants were slick and tight without cutting into him too much, and they had a subtle style that I really appreciated. I wanted something belted in particular, since I knew I was going to make Quatre stay topless to show off his chest, but the zippers and gold accents were simply a bonus. For his hair I dug into my Arcade extras and found this male hair from Olive in the perfect shade of "I am a creature of the Underdark" white with a bit of curl and sass because he is secretly really Drizzt - unlike all those other fakers on the grid! His eyes are a fun set from Devae that I picked up at Christmas; I have a funny habit of picking up gifts on all my alts, and in this case it really paid off! I just wish I could control his eyes...

I hope you all enjoyed my foray into couples' poses and my attempt at dressing a man!

Don't Let Go

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 


Deoridhe:
Skin: .:Soul:., Catalina
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Abby
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstic: Nox, Melted Lip
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Hands and Feet
Nails: The Wicked Peach, Sparkling Wine
Bikini: Evie's Closet, Ariel
Corset: Sax Shepherd Designs, Petals Classic Waist Cincher
Panties: Reasonable Desires, Leah
Shoes: Sax Shepherd Designs, Petals Mules

Quatre:
Skin: .:Soul:., Dominic
Hair: Olive, the Snow Prince (Gacha Prize)
Ears: .:Soul:., Luin
Eyes: Devae, Dreamer (Christmas Gift)
Hands: SLink, Hands
Nails: .:Soul:., Dominic
Outfit: Lapointe and Bastchild, "Moto" Mens Pants
Shoes: FATEstep, Matthew Boots

Pose: Various

Location: Super Secret Location
Light Settings: Phototools, Dream Book Light 2

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment