Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Meme: Double Threat

Yay lists of questions! Strawberry is at it again, asking us tons of questions in sets of two for a Double Threat. I like these sorts of memes, where it gives me a few nuggets of thinking about things and a chance to show off some old pictures.

Mist and Spray

Two online screen names you’ve had: Deoridhe has literally been my online identity for coming on twenty years, which is sort of amazing when you think about it. Before Deoridhe, I was ever so briefly Aesdana. For a while, on Google+, my "name" was Deirdre Graves because I needed a G+ account for YouTube and they wouldn't accept Deoridhe; I've changed it to be more accurate since they dropped their stupid "real names" policy.

Two video games you’ve played:I played WoW for years and was even in a couple Raiding Guilds. I also play a lot of Civilization 5, with the Fall from Heaven II mod.

Two things you love about Second Life: Exploring the worlds other people create WITH THEIR MINDS has to be at the top of the list. Being completely goofy (right now, a bunch of friends and I are hanging out on voice, all dressed as Drow in honor of a friends' new skin release) with friends is another thing I enjoy.

Two things you’ve done in Second Life: I've built my own wearable lighting system which uses projections, meaning I can alter my lighting for photographs even in places I can't rez things. I've also built a giant house styled as a Christmas Tree Ornament.

Two things you still want to do in Second Life: I want to learn how to make clothing - I have so many dreams and so little time. I want to have an art show of some sort.

Black and White Setup

Two things you like about your Second Life avatar: I love my wings; they're such fun. I love that my shape is entirely unique and made by me.

Two of your Second Life Pet Peeves: The amount of focus people put on negative things - not just the negative things but complaining about the negative things; I can't count the number of times people have complained about stuff but put no effort into finding things that match what they say they want. Also, sims with no fly on!

Two things you did as a newb that you’re embarrassed of: I honestly can't think of anything - I was pretty boring as a newb. Probably the thing I should be embarrassed by, but which I find kind of funny, is my Alphabet Alts for turning over Lucky Chairs.

Two of your closest friends in Second Life: Rowan and Lerochelle Destiny.

Two of the most beloved things in your inventory: My wings from Deviance, which are everything I dreamed of in mesh wings, are a big one; I especially love the rares, which have additions to them. I also adore my rainbow eyes from De La Soul, which I've been wearing for years. 

Bathtub Blues

( More pictures here. )

2 comments:

  1. Sims with no fly totally one of my pet peeves as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so aggravating! Especially when the sim is huge, and flying would make going around so! much! faster!

      Delete