Sunday, May 20, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 21 - Lemon Chiffon

Blowing in the Wind

Much as I love the clothes I pulled together for Lemon Chiffon week, I really think the poses - several from Studio Sidhe - take center stage in the full effect of the pictures. I wanted something sweet, a little flirty, and naturalistic, and Studio Sidhe is one of the stores to go to for those. I don't spend enough time talking up the poses, even though they are so deeply integral to pictures turning out; I'm going to try to do better in future posts. I was aiming for childlike (but not childish), and I think that Studio Sidhe really did well in giving me that sweet, innocent air. It would be nothing without my adorable dress from Hal Hina, though, which I bought especially for this look. I didn't have any yellow chiffon in my inventory, but I did have some chiffon and after a few stops at other stores, I found this semi-recent release from Hal Hina which fit the bill perfectly, and added in the hints of black which I think offset the pale yellow so well, as well as making it a bit more unusual. It also set the style at Sweet Lolita, which is a style I adore but don't do often - due to my addiction to cleavage! Cleavage and Lolita never go together. My hair from Honey Hair set the color in stone, though sadly the store seems to no longer be around. 

Resting on the Brick

One other aspect of Sweet Lolita culture is very minimal, natural cosmetics, so I just used a pale lipstick from Mock and only my thinner eyelashes from Flugeln Brise. The jewelry from Alienbear is a bit of a deviation, being modern, but I was trying to balance out the black from the dress style. I thought the simple style suited the look, though - even if it doesn't have the ribbons and lace a pure Lolita prefers. I moved the earrings out to perch on the tips of my ears; I'm really falling in love with being able to show off earrings this way - it ends up looking so amazing! I finished off my look with bracelets from Dark Mouse which were part of their Spring Fling release - it comes with a necklace and earrings as well, but they didn't work quite so well with my dress. Capping off the look, and my feet, are these Rose Booties from G Field, which are a longstanding purchase of mine. The color is actually beige, but I tinted it slightly yellow to match the lemon chiffon and I think it turned out really well.

Birdie

Amerie's Main Store sim is a good reminder that beauty can be anywhere we want to make it. Set out like an old fashioned town, and blending into other sims with different styles in a smooth manner, it is a work of art. Exploring the LEA sims recently, I've been putting a lot of thought into what art means and how one can know it. Historical art often was centered around being beautiful and transcendent; decoration to be admired by all and to give homage to the gods. Modern art, however, became much more about causing strong reactions and exploring interior realities and struggles; which some of that is apparent in art of the Christian martyrs, for example, the rendering of it was still to be pleasing to the eye; as dramatic as Rembrandt's Lucretia might be in the moments before her suicide, it is also sincerely beautiful. Some modern art walks the same line, but often the ideas overtake and overshadow attractiveness - and often not being attractive is part of the point of art. I find myself torn; while I do enjoy the cognitive stratospheres, I am primarily interested in the pretty and the beautiful when it comes to art.

Taken for a Ride

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Flirt
Hair: Honey Hair, Bowtie Bella - Lemon Chiffon
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Alienbear, Bubble Dream (Chic Gift)
Bracelets: Dark Mouse, Spring Fling
Dress: Hal Hina, Chiffon One Piece - yellow
Shoes: G Field, Rose Bootie "Diva"

Poses: Studio Sidhe

Location: Amerie Main Store
Light Settings: Places Las Legunas
Water Settings: Murky

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment