Friday, May 4, 2012

Modern Art

Early Drunk

I love the power and simplicity of artistic builds, like this one at La Pieta. Build out of blocks, esheresque, the most charming thing about the build is the juxtaposition of directions - what is down is to the side, or upside down.It also is simply lovely in design: water is done smoothly and flawlessly; plants look beautiful no matter what direction you aim the camera, and the boxes are simple cubes but textured enough to not look blank. I used a soft windlight with indirect light, and just enjoyed what was there. On my mind was a recent set of hostile posts about what is art - non Second Life related directly, but art in Second Life is an interesting thing. Arguably, any well built, well textured build in Second Life could be considered art - but there are also artists within Second Life who have battles of various kinds about art, who is an artist, and who deserves the limited resources of free art space. Second Life isn't just "Your Imagination," it's also "Your Pocketbook," as much as the rest of the world - and that always seems to lead to conflict between people. I don't have any sort of solution, but I'm glad artists are in Second Life to make things for me to enjoy, even though I know it's not ever about me.

Ivy

My hair is a gorgeously textures mesh updo from Wasabi Pills. While this is mesh, it isn't rigged, so you can resize it to fit your head; I know because I did that! I tucked a set of cherry blossoms from Fluffernutterz in my hair, at I'm wearing a gorgeous set of brilliant pink jewelry from Elemental. I love the delicate chain design with the inverted hearts over the gems, and I'm always a fan of double-strand necklaces. I accentuated my gorgeous De La Soul skin and eyes with cosmetics from Mock. The eyes were a group gift, and are absolutely amazing. I love the sparkle around the edges, which really makes them seem realistic. I think the delicacy of both match the style of my clothes and hair - both of which are a departure from my usual frilly style.

Foot Above the Rest

My one concession to frills are these fun shoes from Felicity; with both flowers and straps, how could I resist? I tucked them in under the huge cuffs of these Poised pants - which are also highwaisted and beautifully textured. I love the lacing detailing on the front of the pants, and how they layer over the top. Usually, a pale pink and brown color are more classy and upscale than my style, but I really had a lot of fun putting the look together. I could almost walk into an office and take over, couldn't I?

Yacht

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Fairy Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, Prim Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Morrocan Indifference Eyeshadow (group gift)
Lipstick: Mock, Opal Lipcolor - Hopbush
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Annette Mesh Hair (promotional item)
Hair Flower: Fluffernutterz, Cherry Blossom Hair Piece
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Elemental, Bewitched Blossoms 2 - Pink (promotional item)
Shirt: Poised, Dreams Pants - Coffee (promotional item)
Pants: Poised, Dreams Shirt - Romance (promotional item)
Shoes: Felicity, Gianna Stilettos (promotional item)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: La Pieta
Light Settings: Places Paris2
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment