Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Twenty - Sky Blue

Ahhhh, Sky Blue, and I'm back in my comfort zone again.

For this week I decided to try to fish something out of my explosive "New" folder, which lurks at the bottom of my inventory like a chest of both glorious and terrifying things I've picked up across the grid. It's a little well in the depths of my inventory, full of the detritus of hunts, freebies, lucky chairs, random finds, and the occasional purchase.

Waiting For Godot


The dress was a surprise, though. I have no idea when or how I picked it up from Wretched Dollies, but the tiered skirt in varying shades of blue, and the adorable ruffled sleeves are completely charming. It's shorter than a usual Wretched Dollies outfit, coming in mid-thigh with a pair of knee socks that set it off to perfection. I even love the stripes on the shirt and the peter pan style collar - childlike, but made more mature by the corset.

I ended up pairing it with a find from my dear friend Ro-chan, the Beth Hair from Zero Style. It's curling ringlets seemed like the perfect match to the dress, and after a brief pause for trying on a demo I discovered that, according to Zero Style at least, my head is medium. Does that mean I don't have as much room for brains?

Lily Doll


Like my languishing dress from Wretched Dollies, the Florencio sim has left it's landmarky fingers in my inventory for a while, lurking in my notecard folder and popping up now and then when I cleared it out. I'd visited once, planned to take pictures, and gotten distracted. I decided today was the day for wrapping things up, bringing things together, and getting things done.

Built inside a textured dome, Florencio is artistic in design, with a checkerboard pattern on the ground thinned out here and there with water. It has a few stores in place, at least one more coming, and little spots of interest like a pile of dark blocks, or the telephone lines you can walk up like a path.

Pretty in a Painted World


The sim also has what I'm beginning to really enjoy - a Windlight Setting you can load upon arrival. I do a lot of playing with Windlight, but sometimes seeing things with the settings that the maker meant them to have - to be able to truly walk into someone else's vision - is appealing all in its own right. I won't say I'll always go with that, but in this case I really enjoyed how the bright, simple light set off the textures across the sim.

I especially liked the playfulness of the little findable things - and part of me hopes that as more stores fill in, more little fun spots will pop up to enjoy. I like the feeling of being in a child's play area with some of the toys still left out by an exhausted parent.

Dolly Makes a New Friend


( See more pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Charlie Nude
Cosmetics: De La Soul, Harrish Nights Makeup
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (sterling)
Hair: Zero Style, Beth - Blond
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings - tinted blue
Dress and socks: Wretched Dollies, Mon Cherie Blue
Shoes: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes "Kate" - Blue

Poses: Striking Poses
1) Carrie Ann Inaba
2) Brigitte Bardot 2
3) Princess 10
4) Amy Lee Dollarbie

Location: Florencio
Light Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. Love the style... it is gorgeous... I'd love to think that I have something like that buried within the recesses of my inventory... Maybe one day I will find something

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find part of the trick is to access a lot of freebies. That leaves you with an eternal folder in arrears. I'm not sure I'll ever catch up, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete