Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fashion For Life: Shulman

Shulman is pure grunge.

Grunge is probably the farthest from my style. Even in gothic styles I tend to remain on the formal, velvet side of things, leaving ripped fishnets for other people. It's not surprising, then, that I found very few things in Shulman for me to buy - in fact, I found exactly one, from SD Wears, and honestly even that was a bit of a stretch.

Trash cans lurk along the sides of a soiled black road, everything distressed and tipped over. Soylent Green canisters spoil the flowers. What trees there are are dead, leafless, and caught behind barbed wire.

Bent Over Backwards


It's a desolate ruin of a sim, skillfully and thoroughly created with an epic eye for detail - including broken down buildings and telephone wires where in other sims there had been forests. I can admire the skill and eye for detail even while I find the sim itself... rather depressing.

A while ago, when I lived near a big city, I used to drive through places like this - where the basics were broken down, windows were boarded, homes were abandoned. I can't help remembering that we're still in a bad recession and these places must be growing, homes without people and people without homes. I do some of what I can in the areas I have influence over, but I'm far to often reminded of how little that is, and how fond I am of my comforts and pleasures.

Left Hanging


SD Wears' Awaken gown in pink looks more purple to me, but that's the problem with clothing whose colors are on the edges. In any case, it's a dark, rich color and the texturing of the skirt is fun, especially with the tiered layers. I felt rather like a cake, which amused me as I traipsed across broken bottles and toxins from canisters all over Shulman. The curve of the neckline is low without being plunging, and the arm straps curve up smoothly over the shoulders. It's an awesome ball gown for show, but I'm not sure how it would do for dancing since there's no movement in the layers.

( See more pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Charlie Nude
Cosmetics: De La Soul, Harrish Nights Makeup
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (tarnished)
Hair: Red Queen, Dreams - Blonde
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings - tinted purple
Dress: SD Wears, Awaken - Pink
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes - grape

Pose: Artistic Taxidermy, Innocent Bones

Location: Fashion For Life - Shulman: sponsered by WoE
Light Settings: [TOR} Eurphoria - Natural High

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment