Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fit for a Princess: Under a Full Moon

Bridge Over Troubled Waters

The month is over half done, which means we're nearing the end of the first Fit for a Princess Event - and the theme for next month has already been announced: Floral. I'm looking forward to seeing things made more around a theme, rather than the grab bag which was the first month. This is my first time of doing an event of this scale, and I have to admit I really loved it - the opportunity to try new things, to try a lot of different outfits and hair, and to try to present what at first blush seems like a singular idea in a variety of ways was really fun. The sheer volume of things was both exciting and a little overwhelming, though I think I did a pretty good job of covering most of my bases - and my stores. It was interesting to try to keep up the pace of a post a day for a while; I managed fifteen days before I stared into this box and simply didn't have anything to say at all, or any pictures to show. The featured item for this look is this gorgeous gown from Kouse's Sanctum; she has largely shifted over to jewelry - now and then she wows us with something bigger, though, and I'm really glad she did. This dress features a low cut bodice and layered skirt - a style of dress seen in a few different textures, but gleaming and glowing in the moonlight. The one flaw to the gown is the leg rigging; the dress is rigged to the waist and hips, but not at all to the legs, which means it floats wide for most poses but can move awkwardly with an AO. I adore it despite this, though, especially with these amazing textures.

Slow Dance

My hair is from Tableau Vivant, and was sold at the Cutie Moon Faire and isn't currently available at the mainstore, but it is gorgeous and fun and the stock there definitely deserves a second look. The hair and the head fluffy bits were sold separately, and the fun thing is that you can mix and match the hair ring things and the longer, elegant base hair. I ended up picking up a couple of different color combinations, and they were all set up to match the various Sailor Scouts - an awesome, unique addition to any inspired look. The jewelry I'm wearing, including the tiara tucked in between the headdress loops, is from Krystal, which is the jewelry brand for Kouse's Sanctum. It's color changing on touch, which offers a lot of options, and it comes in silver or gold base. It's also available at Fit for a Princess, and it goes perfectly with the gowns she released. Keeping to the same clear, pastel shades as the gown, I added a set of nails from A:S:S which have a lovely tiara edge to the colors. I added in a very simple lip to finish the whole look - one of the many shines from Mock which I have the pleasure to have in my inventory. It has a sparkly edge to it which stands out despite only being the texture. The eyeshadow is from MiaSnow and looked a lot brighter on the ad. I was very glad to try it on and see how clean and simple the colors are in it, and how it added to the shine of my whole look.

On the Shore

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Tableau Vivant, Moon Hair (Cutie Moon Faire)
Headdress: Tableau Vivant, Moon Headdress (Cutie Moon Faire)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: MiaSnow, Blurr 3
Lipstick: Mock, Micare LipGlimmer
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Jewelry: Krystal, Purity Set
Nails: A:S:S, Tiara (Fit for a Princess)
Dress: Kouse's Sanctum, Anna Gown (Fit for a Princess)

Pose: Glitterati

Location: Kats Beach
Light Settings: Phototools, Moon Light 02
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning. (Mocksoup Graves' human)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, thank you. ^.^ I'm really happy with how the lighting turned out.

      Delete