Friday, December 20, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 49: Relaxed Greenlands

Temporarily Regal

In the spirit of Relaxed Greenlands, I decided to go red and green this time. The actual colors were a sagey kind of green and a lovely gray, but when I put on this hair from Underscore and it happened to be red, I adored the effect so much I simply couldn't resist. Underscore is good for big, relaxed hair - the kind of hair that looks good on music albums and fashion plates. I'm really loving this color, too; rich and red with enough pale highlights to not be totally unrealistic. It's rigged, and the shape is loose enough that it looks good with many a head tilt. I tucked on one of my many gatcha prizes from Schadenfreude, this amazing crown. I am lacking only one of the rares (Majesty Crown, oh how you taunt me) but even the commons are lovely and striking; this one is a common, though I ended up buying it at a yard sale, as the gatcha machine was obsessed with giving me hearts and diamonds. My eyeshadow is from Nuuna, who always does a wide variety of colors, and I like the fierce edge this style gives my eyes, especially when combined with bright red lips from Essences. The lower lip is a little thinner than my skin, but I actually rather like the effect - it looks like I'm a refined vixen, instead of a lipstick slatherer. These wonderful poses are at least partially the result of my finally joining the !bang VIP group, just in time for two on-sale sets of poses. I particularly like how casual and natural !bang poses are - much less "on the runway," and much more out in the world.

Glaring Lights

The jewelry is a combo of two stores - Earthstones for the earrings and necklace; I hadn't planned on buying this style, but it was so perfect with the color scheme that I indulged, and I'm so glad I did. The bracelets were free, part of a hunt, and are from DV8 - a store which went on hiatus a while ago but which has re-emerged onto the grid with some new offerings. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the changes to the grid while they were gone - mesh rigging has become much more refined, mesh bodyparts are rampant, and can you imagine DV8 velvet with materials? The dress is an older release from Lassitude & Ennui, an it really fit the challenge better than I could have dreamed. It's one of the rare dual-layer dresses - a sheer layer only slightly above an opaque one, with an invisilayer which will smooth away any pesky hip bits that might otherwise peek through. I particularly like the satin shine of the ribbons along the bottom, and the variances of green over the entire gown - the darker and lighter sage of the bodice are rich without being overpowering, and the paler skirt is simply lovely and fades naturally into the hues of my shoes. These shoes are one of the latest releases from Eclectica - an her shoes have simply become divine. Unique, lovely, and always with tons of color options, I'm really excited to see what she'll come up with next.

In a Sudden Frost

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Underscore, Bad Medicine
Crown: Schadenfreude, Storybrook Royalty (Gatcha Arcade)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Nuuna, Ara Green
Lipstick: Essences, Lipstick Red 02
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Bliensen + MaiTai, Strawberry
Jewelry: Earthstones, Genie Set
Bracelets: DV8, Palais Bracelet (Hunt Prize)
Dress: Lassitude & Ennui, Patience Dress
Shoes: Eclectica, Catherine Gothic

Pose: !bang

Location: Flanagan Falls

Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY An Incongruent Truth
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment