Friday, December 20, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 48: Heraldic Call

Mist and Spray

I'm going to end up overshooting the year, I think, but I really enjoyed pulling together Heraldic Call - the combination of bright yellow and dark red I ended up pulling together with a vibrant orange and a lot of black. The combination fits my mood - some bright spots but mostly dark, tired, and wispy. During my brief stint of time in a motel - not recommended, by the way - I learned about a television show that somehow manages to hit my mystery and serial killer loving heart, but which doesn't have the one thing I dislike most about those kinds of shows - the long, slow lingering on the suffering of the victims. It's an interesting thing about serial killers; even while we decry what they and other mass murderers do, we focus on them and not the victims of their violence. On television, however, while the killers are always the focus, what they do is usually lingered on with such length and care that it's simply horrifying to me - its the same reason I think horror movies disturb me so much; the suffering of others, even simulated, is distressing to me in a way which is actively harmful to my peace of mind.

Little House on a Hill

One thing I like about this show, Criminal Minds, is that the vast majority of the times they cut away before any violence can be seen, they angle away from bodies, and while they'll often show the after effects of the violence, the actual violence itself had hit the screen only once that I can remember, when the target was one of the main characters. I find that shielding of the viewer very soothing; I also like the comforting lie of these interesting, ethical people with enough clout to not play the political games which keep the machine of espionage in the government rolling. It's all a lie, of course. Anyone who has excelled enough to actually be in the positions of leverage these characters are would have been sufficiently bent to not blink at what they would be asked to do. It's the neophytes and naifs, the Eric Snowdens and Sherron Watkins who either have nothing to lose, or who honestly believe their ethical compass is more universal than it actually is, who bend the world around them instead of vice versa. I am more bent than bender; I shift to fit the circumstances I am in and I don't know what I would have done in the place of others who were benders and not bent.

Yggdrasil

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: D!va, Flora
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Musa, Tarja 5
Lipstick: Mock, Mizu Lipgloss
Mask: Madrid Solo, Filigree
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Stellar, In Bloom
Jewelry: FabFae, Gold Ring Bracelets
Collar: Souzou Eien, Elegant Throat Corset
Dress: Miamai, BL Elapse
Stockings: Stella, In Bloom Tights
Shoes: Bliensen + MaiTai, Mazurka

Pose: Grafica

Location: Muzik Isle

Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Plesantrie
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment