Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bubblegum Weekend: Rainbow Love

I've never been particularly attached to having limited edition things.

Especially on a place like Second Life - my inventory is so voluminous that I've rarely seen something I own on someone else and I've never worn the same thing. If I did end up wearing the same thing, I think I'd be more inclined to want to pose together for a picture than get affronted like a fifties television character!

My drive to get a custom rainbow dress done was more about how difficult it is to get really well done, solid, bright rainbows. It's similarly difficult to get good orange and teal clothing, and some shades of green are particularly elusive, simply because people tend to stick to the big favorites - white, black, red, blue, pink. For someone like me, who really craves a variety of colors and well done fades, it can sometime seem like a sea of torment.

Northern Lights

When I ordered this dress from Falln Angel Creations - and ordered is the right word - I specified rainbows and roses with sparkles. I think it more than fit the specifications - and beyond! All of the roses are actually color changing in a slow fade, which means there's a constant, slightly fading effect all over my body. The tulle of the skirt is a separate layer, which means when I move there's flashes of paler and darker colors. The wings were a complete surprise, and something I have dear Tomoyuki to thank for! I love how the colors of all the roses are staggered, too - so there's always a rose of each color at any given time even though they're constantly changing.

I paired it with the Rainbow Addict skin from De La Soul, though it matches up well with my Curio skin as well. I also took advantage of starting up with Phoenix's Firestorm viewer to layer Adam n Eve's Hapset eyeliner over it, and I think the effect is rather striking! I paired it with a brightly colored hair from Wasabi Pills for Bubblegum Weekend, a secondary challenge I'm trying to do where you wear an unusual shade of hair for a picture (or in my case a set!). I bought these at the hair faire after getting some samples from the creator - I love the bows over the ears!!!

Seascape

I figured since there's a chance Viewer 1 may no longer work in August that I finally need to bite the bullet and move to a 2.~ based viewer. The multiple body layers is a wonderful side effect, and I'm looking forward to trying shadows and more naturalistic photography in the future as I settle into it. The one thing I miss - and this is a nitpick truly - is being able to easily move between windlight settings using the arrows one way and the other - I used that every time I took a picture, so without it I struggled. I also really missed the inventory screen coming up over notecards - having the notecards always float on top means I'm constantly moving things around my screen, since I tend to layer. I'm sure I'll get used to it, though!

Snow Dance

I'm at the Arctic Greenhouse sim, which is actually a flower and plant store but is set up in a fascinating way! It's actually set within a snow globe, with little models of the snow globe set all over the sim in varying sizes! The concordance between the snowglobes was amazing, and I had a total ball watching the sun and earth rise over the rim and then fall again! I tried to get them in a few pictures - though I didn't pull off the sun, if you look closely you can see the earth in a few places. It also has some garden areas decorated with plants formt he store and little moving things, and as you can see, it's simply breathtaking.

Bamboo Garden

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Skin: De La Soul, Rainbow Addict (with blond brows)
Eye Liner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Wings: Falln Angel Creations, Rose Vine Wings - color changing
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Mochi Hair - Aquatic
Dress: Falln Angel Creations, Deo Custom Gown
Stockings :R(S)W, Socks Brigh Rainbow Gradient
Shoes: G Field, Flower Pumps "Eve" - whiter

Poses: HelaMiyo

Location: Arctic Greenhouse
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY - Morally satisfied
Water Settings: Valdez

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment