Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Thirteen - Emerald

One of the reasons I take pictures of myself (a follow up on this original post) is to record the combination of other people's work in a way which I find attractive, in this case in conversation with other people in a Color Challenge (Emerald Week).

Of what I photograph, the only thing I (usually) have made is the shape. Sometimes I modify the windlight pre-sets I start with, but even then I'm beginning with someone else's skill in manipulating light and atmosphere into an attractive whole. Every now and then I add lighting from my own, wearable lighting system.

But overall - the work of others.

The clothing I wear, skin I equip, eyes, hair, shoes, jewelry - all made by other people.

The places I go, the combination of textures on the ground with plants or buildings, the use of transparency and glow - all organized and made by other people.

The pose my avatar is in and the windlight settings I use - made by other people.

I'm the one who combines things, who tries to make a harmonious and attractive whole, but it's all done floating on the hard work, creativity, and skill of lots of other people.

Float

( See the other pictures in the set here. Location I photographed in inspired by Second Life of my Dreams. )

Credits:

Skin: Doux Petit, Rainbow Love - Tone 2
Lips: Skinthesis, Tatt Layer Lips - Liquid Heat - Deoridhe
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (tarnished)
Hair: Tea Lane, Crys - darkemerald
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle - tinted emerald (shocker)
Dress: G Field, Emerald City Girl Dress
Bracelets: Vincenca Rosca Finest Jewellry, Early Spring
Crown: Kyccie's, SweetHeart Petit Crown - Emerald/Gold
Stockings: Sn@tch, Goth Socks - Green
Shoes: G Field, Flower Pumps "Eve" - Gold

Pose: Long Awkward Pose, Just Relax

Location: Sium Garden and Space Station
Light Settings: [TOR] NIGHT - Brighter

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

5 comments:

  1. The way that you have combined everything looks simply stunning in these pics... I am in awe of your colour blogging ever week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pic! I almost wore that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Rudhmellowen! It's really lovely to get such positive feedback!

    Hee hee, good minds think alike, gemsofsl? Ironically, I almost took my picture at Magic of Oz. Hee hee. But the color wasn't quite right for my dress, so I got inspiration from one of hte blogs I read instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should find some wings for one of the weeks. Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally should. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete