Thursday, February 10, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Fourteen - Black

Black Week, for the 52 Color Challenge was a lot of fun, and features a dress by Nomine that I've owned, and meant to photograph, for months.

Spring Cherry Blossom

I love it because it's high contrast between the front and the back. The front, as you can see above, is very covering - from neck to ankle to wrist, it's curve-hugging but decorous, with subdued highlights that always make me think of old velvet. I've accented it with a variety of bondage-inspired accessories - a posture collar from Favole, Ankle cuffs from Linc, wrist cuffs from somewhere in the depths of my inventory. I'm particularly fond of posture collars, and their close cousins corsets (though obviously I didn't add a corset to this outfit, though that might be an awesome look in the future).

So, from the front, slightly kinky but more tease then reveal.

And from the back...

Lady of the Lake

From neck to ankle, Nomine's Black Liner Run is completely bare, held together only by lacing.

Not quite so decorous anymore; and less tease - more full reveal!

I love the high contrast of that - the startlement of bare skin against solid fabric and the realization that nothing can be worn under that dress without being revealed embarrassingly from behind. The startled reactions of people who knew me who saw me in this dress were everything I could have ever desired.

Noodles

The sim itself is barbee, which I heard about from Juana’s Fashiologue on the Second Life Weblog Shopping Cart Disco. It seemed a perfect match for black - being entirely in black and white as an old Japanese town set right above the water with, startlingly, it's own giraffe and trees which have peacock feathers as leaves.

It is a sim where the fantastical meets the relatively mundane seemlessly, combining high contrast in simplicity and style. I encourage you to explore there, find the little hidden places I missed, maybe take your own pictures.

(Rest of the pictures here.)

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Mythos - Cream Neon Blush
Lips: Skinthesis, Tatt Layer Lips - Liquid Heat - Deoridhe
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (rose gold)
Hair: Sirena, Hayden - Jet Black
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle - tinted black
Collar: Favole, Sabbath - Unlocked
Bracelets: Wrist straps
Anklets: Linc, Ruffled Cuffs Black
Dress: Nomine, Black Liner Run
Shoes: G Field, Robbon Slingback Shoes - Black

Location: barbee
Light Settings: Ghost
Water Settings: Murky

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

4 comments:

  1. very interesting dress ... guess nothing I'd dare to wear in RL ... but definately a hot choice for sl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'd never wear it offline, and even on Second Life I tend to wear it for... effect, if you will, rather than as normal clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dress and the Location are both stunning choices... I am once again in Awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete