Saturday, October 13, 2012

RAINBOWS~!!!

Wheatlight

katat0nik gave me RAINBOWS~!I love rainbows! So much! The dress is rainbowy, there are rainbow socks (though I'm using the stockings included in the outfit, which have garters), and there is this amazing rainbow purse! My shoes are also katat0nik, and I got fatpacks on all of them - which means they are menu-driven multiple choice for everything but the system layers, which is awesome. My inventory thanks you! The dress also comes with adorable undies which I cleverly hit with these bloomers from Violent Seduction; aren't I crafty? I decided to go with the muss-haired younger sister of Lolita, garter snapped loose and skirt extra-short so I can climb trees. I'm still wearing Fallen Gods' newest skin, too, because I felt like the last batch of pictures didn't show off the skin as well as I'd like - and I'm still not sure I quite captured it. There is a crystalline, glowing quality to it which is difficult to bring out, with tiny sparkles here and there glimmering and delicate swirls of color that I catch only in retrospect. The mussed, curly hair on top is new at Collobor88 from D!va; she does fantastic flyaway hair, and I really like the curls she's coming out with now.

Level Gaze

This sim, though, gave me the everloving fits. I don't know if it was my computer or the sim, but I lagged like anything while I was there, and you don't even want to know how long it took to get the shoe shot I took! Despite all of the alpha, overall there weren't a huge amount of alpha occlusion issues - even with my wings. Most angles I could find something that worked. What I really struggled with was lighting it - and I ended up taking one of the windlights and modding it slightly to knock down the Scene Gamma - which is brightness of the light - and then used facelights to bring the light on me back up. One of the tricks of in-world photography is learning to balance windlights and face and body lights; I use manually edited lights which are spaced all of the way around me, but I've been considering figuring out how to make menus so I can make it HUD driven. It can be hard to remember where I left things the last time I took pictures! Tinting the lights often has a lot of interesting effects - for example, above I'm using a blue tinted light to contrast with the bright yellow ambient lighting.

Breathtaking

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Fallen Gods, Onyrica - Anima (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Hair: D!va, Jina (Collobor88)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: katat0nik, Rainbow Dress
Bloomers: Violent Seduction, Muse Bloomers
Purse: katat0nik, Rainbow Purse
Watch: katat0nik, Rainbow Nada Watch (gift)
Shoes: katat0nik, Wingtip Mary Janes

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Ocho Tango Club
Light Settings: Places Beach Cay Surreal
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment