Sunday, October 21, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 42 - Cosmic

Tiny Reflection

I am so late on Cosmic! I blame my short attention span. I kept meaning to put together and outfit, and remembering halfway through another photoshoot, and then I spent most of Saturday taking shots at Fallen Gods' Fifth Anniversary Party and went to sleep late. So this is a day late! Bad me! I'm hoping to get it in before the Flickr week restarts, though! Sometimes having only three pictures a week can be such a trial. Speaking of the pictures, you may notice that they seem a little contained this week - and that's because I literally took everyone one inside and around a store, using the small decorative touches around Rebel Hope Designs. Tiny fountains, planters, and vases of flowers all became my backdrop, because when one is a petite they are actually rather huge in comparison! That is one of the things I really love about being a petite - how it affects how I view the world and what becomes a beautiful background to some tiny pictures. Full sized it is more difficult to use a store as a playground, but when one comes up to everyone's knees, one really can make a playground out of anywhere!

The Iris Faerie

I also bought this outfit for this color, less because I couldn't find it in larger and more because I really wanted to be a petite again for a while, which necessarily means wearing petite clothing! I had remembered a color similar to Cosmic among the selection at Evie's Closet and went hunting, and found she's converted many of her more fae outfits for petites in all of their colors. The hair, from Secrets, is part of their new petite line and has some wonderful details - like the braiding and ribbons of hair on the ponytail. I love those kinds of details, the small touches which make something unique. The jewelry is off-color, but I liked the blue as a break in the Cosmic monotony, and Elemental also has converted many of her jewelry from full sized to petite, which means a wider variety to draw from when getting gussied up.

Skimming Over the Flowerpot

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Body: Fallen Gods, Pale (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Rainbow (promotional item)
Hair: Secrets, Kristeen (promotional item)
Outfit: Evie's Closet, Damselfly
Jewelry: Elemental, Butterfly Kisses

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Rebel Hope Designs
Light Settings: CB's Rouge 1
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment