Monday, October 1, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 40 - Amaranth

Wild Animals

Amaranth was a fun color to find - especially because it's a slightly redder pink than the other hot pinks - which makes it very difficult to find in ones inventory. I ended up going far in the past, to the days of yore when Silent Sparrow still did her limited edition hunts. Not hunts in the sense most people know them - where the prizes were free - hyasynth would put out Limited Edition dresses at their full store price, but she would hide them in different places all over her sim (back when Silent Sparrow had it's own sim). It was a major happening - she would lock us all out and we'd cluster at the side waiting to be able to swoop in and find dresses. Then the selling and trading would start; because they were hidden, you sometimes couldn't find the color you wanted. One of hya's hard and fast rules was no price gouging, though! No matter if it were rarer, you needed to send on an outfit for the same price. One memorable time, a bunch of suits were released and I ended up giving one to all of my closest friends. I had wanted to get a picture of all of us in them, but it never happened.

Patterns in the Trees

I'm wearing a new release from Wasabi Pills for FAMEshed - a cute pig tail deal. I ended up tinting the jellyfish just a little to get the richer, redder red; one thing I'm grateful for is that mesh is editable for color. The bangs are actually modifyable too - Wasabi Pills has picked up the trick of combining rigged and unrigged things - but  they fit me out of the box, no modification required. It even fit well around my ears, which blew me away! I added a hat from Forsaken that I think was a hunt prize once upon a time - a cute bone tophat with a little raven inside; just the right amount of macabre to fit a Silent Sparrow gown. Fitting it to my head took some time and attention, since it's thin bones (as befits an avian!), but I think the final effect was worth the effort. My cosmetics are a mix of Mock on the lips in a gorgeous shiny pink, and a barely visible white eyeshadow from Virtual Insanity.

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

The Jewelry is from Elemental, and is color changing, which makes it so much more valuable in my inventory. Since I can shift between gold and silver, and since lots of colors are included, changing a set to match my overall look in a snap. The one confusion is how Elemental's texture changing menues work; quite a few options remain programmed in, but without anything they are capable of changing - like tinting. It makes it confusing when I'm shifting through menus, though I pretty quickly adapt to just selecting texture change instead of color change. I am also still wearing awesome shoes from G Field, this time recolored to match with hot pink and white. This is honestly why I now just buy fatpacks of G Field's shoes; I know I'll love them, I know the fatpack gives me total versatility; just spend the money and enjoy the shoes! This is especially cost effective when you compare her prices to the prices at other stores; I can get a fatpack of shoes from G Field for what it would cost me to get two to three shoes from a store of comparable quality.

Market Day

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, La Ligne - White
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir - Rubyfruit
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Izumi Mesh Hair (Released at FAMEshed)
Hat: Forsaken, Fate of the Raven Bones
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Silent Sparrow, Selador - candy (limited edition)
Stockings: Silent Sparrow, Starbunny Knitty Socks - candy
Jewelry: Elemental, Athena Earrings
Shoes: G Field, Mesh Wedge Bootie "Beth"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: D-LAB
Light Settings: Las Legunas
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment:

  1. Lets hear it for color changing jewelry! YAYY! Your right, this color was more of a reddish pink than what we have done in the past! Nice job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete