Friday, October 5, 2012

Cream and Dust

Dream City

It's often the counterpoint of things which tickle me most about the internet - people's dreams placed on display for other people to go into, explore, discover, and reinterpret into their own mind. It's this aspect I like the most, too - the synergy that arises out of the creative powers of many people all mixing together in one place. Take the jewelry above - from Primalot - a mix of heavy pearls and chain The texture it had when I put it on (it's texture change) is a pale pink that initially didn't seem to match the green and purple in my Jane dress; the fact all of the textures are dull, though, with hints of gray and darkness - a common thread which makes them flow together well even though the colors are so different. The large stretches of white also help blend together the different colors, offering space in between each so that they glow each in their own right. I had initially thought to seek out a more quietly colored sim for pictures, to dovetail off of the soft grays and whites of my gown, but I think it really ended up being set off better against the brightness of this dream city now out at the Imagin@rium that began as a painting only to come to technicolor life in three dimensions. The counterpoint of me, the dull creature (except for my gleaming horns) against brilliance of an almost cartoon extent tickles me more than I can express.

Stepping on Glass

The shoes from Felicity (available at Steals and Deals) are dully colored as well - they are actually gray, matching the darker gray on the dress - but the pink of the environment has tinted them. You can also tint the nails, and I chose the pale green of the ribboning on my dress. There is a very clear reflection below them in this pictures due to the Mirror Effect water I learned how to make - this really does make the clearest reflection in Second Life and it's a lot of fun to play with. The hair, from Discord Designs, is a newer release and a gorgeous mesh creation - non-rigged, so you can resize it (I had to, a little) and move it around to fit your head most effectively. There's a gorgeous, thick bun in the back, and combined with the hair tattoo the effect is hugely realistic and really fun. I tucked some horns from Lassitude & Ennui on top. But Deoridhe, I can hear you all say, Lassitude & Ennui do shoes, not horns! I know, I know, gorgeous shoes, says I, but apparently for the Starlust Monster Beach Party they make horns as well! And really fun, rainbow ones, too! So in the end, I really don't match much at all, but the effects are all so fun and cool that I don't much mind at all! In fact, I rather like the mismatched madness.

Glow

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Elymode, A Little Drama - pink/green
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Tall Poppy
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Hair: Discord Designs, Leah - Baby Blonde (promotional item)
Horns: Lassitude & Ennui, Slightly Monstrous - White Rainbow
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Lingerie: Adam n Eve, Ana Lingerie
Dress: Jane, Summer Maxi Dress "Fiona" - milk
Jewelry: Primalot, Nuclear Motion
Shoes: Felicity, Jessica Stilettos - Fabric 3 (Steals and Deals - promotional item)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Imagin@rium
Light Settings: TOR DUSK Patriotix
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment