Monday, October 29, 2012

25L Fall Fete: Fall Day at the Beach

Wading

Tomorrow is when the 25$L Fall Fete is ending, and I have it on good authority that in addition to a lot of 25$L items, there might be some freebies lurking around as thanks for another wonderful year. I escaped the damp rain of the fall to go to the beach, though! A little chilly, this time of year, but my beach cover from uNA was perfect for the purpose, and high enough that I only got it wet when I went wading deep in the waves! It's rigged mesh in several sizes, with charming drawstrings along the hips, and the texturing is very colorful and fun.I was very sparing with the accessories this time, leaving the main focus on the kaftan and my gorgeous, rigged mesh hands and feet from SLink. My one wish, and it is a very minor one, is that SLink might come out with a variety of skin textures to lay over the skin colors, allowing for a more pure match to my rather textured skin. In dimmer light it's not visible, but in the bright light of the beach, faint seams can be seen. I love them all the same, though; they finish off the limbs of my avatar in such a gorgeous manner that I keep pausing to stare!

Near the Docks

I picked a loose, flowing style of hair from Secrets as the perfect accompaniment. It's a thick style with a loosely coiled texture to it, with those adorable curls at the end - like my hair is drying all frizzed and full of salt! I wanted something which looked rough and sun-warmed, and this fit the bill perfectly. To add some color to my pale skin, I layered on a reddening tattoo from Fallen Gods; it was meant for winter, but I found the effect worked well for the beginnings of a sunburn! Really, next time I should put on more sunscreen. I brightened my lips with a lovely gloss from Mock, just a faint amount of pink as if slightly chapped and wind-blown. As you can see, below I'm grinning and that comes with narrowed eyes - a challenge for those of us vain enough to wear eyelashes. I actually keep an extra set of my usual lashes which have been narrowed for the purpose, but sometimes you just have to edit for an angle and hope no one looks to closely! Since my eyes are larger than the norm, fitting lashes can be a bit of a trial, but I don't think I did to badly with the combination of Flugeln Brise and SLink below.

Wildlife

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyelashes 2: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Blush
Skin Color: Fallen Gods, Winter Flush
Hair: Secrets Hair, Sunshine - Nordic (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Outfit: uNA, Beach Kaftan
Bikini: Umi Usagi, Garbera Bikini
Feet: SLink, Mesh Feet

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Arcachon Atlantique
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Rebranded Skies
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment