Monday, October 31, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Fifty-two - Orange

Churchyard

I got all dolled up in Halloween finery, much of it the result of gifts or hunts - but all of it available! The dress is the largest note - from Spyralle; it was a lovely gift as a thank you, but when I put it on, I new immediately it's what I wanted to wear for the final color of the Color Challenge - Orange. Made up of a combination of warm cinnamony-browns and rich pumpkin oranges, the fractal design that is Spyralle's signature forms a very flattering pattern on the torso. I barely had to fit the prim pieces at all - moved the skirt up a little, but anyone taller than my little fae self won't have to lift a finger. I paired it up with my newest favorite shoes from G Field in shiny orange that is perfect for this time of year.

I ended up settling on Octoberville as my picture-taking haven, celebrating the final day of October and seeking out all of the pumpkins before their carved up and made into soup! I'm not as fond of the buildings as I am of the pumpkin fields and trees; the former seems a bit off in the stonework and wood textures somehow, but taken at a distance and not as the main focus it works out. The little schoolhouse is charming, though, and I adore the pumpkin fields to get lost in, and the rolling curves of the landscape. There's some kind of hunt or mystery going on there, but I didn't manage to find out many details. I've been running around frantically trying to finish hunts before the deadline!

Calico

The skin is one of my hunt prizes, from Falln Angel Creations and the weekend Halloween hunt that has only a day to go. Azriel certainly doesn't make it easy on us, but each prize is an actual whole outfit, skin, or piece of furniture - so believe me, it's worth the work and the single Linden each brain costs! I put the skin on my accident - double clicking or something - and ended up really liking the effect; I'm normally not terribly cattish, but I might make a halfway decent calico, I think. Tinting my ears to match was a little bit of a challenge - maybe next time I should invest in some cat ears!

The jewelry is also a hunt prize, from Earthstones, though they were each fifty linden instead of free or one linden. There are some free prizes in the hunt, and the highest price is fifty - which most of them are. Like the Falln Hunt, it's a challenging hunt. I recommend wireframe and derender as two of your nearest and dearest friends. Like Falln's prizes, though, all of the Earthstones ones are well worth it; however, each prize is a mystery until you open them. I can tell you the color themes are purple, green, and orange - with orange predominating.

Pumpkin Patch

I'm feeling the chill of winter starting in now, and the desire to curl up and hide as the weather turns cooler, sipping my cocoa and dreaming time away. One of the nicest side effects of cooler weather is how my kitty likes to snuggle up against me when he naps, keeping my sides and lap warm. He likes my cocoa, too, but I don't let him have much; he does get some tasty tunafish when I make up my tunafish salad, and he has a real interest in ham which leads him to crawl all over me every time I make some noodles with ham (and I end up giving him large pieces - I'm such a bad mom). Halloween passes tonight; in Irish and Celtic tradition, it's the night when the veil between this world and that one is thinnest - when ghosts ride, and when the Wild Hunt begins to gather for it's winter scourge of the countryside.

I'm fonder of apple cider, pumpkin pie, and peppermint cocoa, though.

Candle

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Falln Angel Creations, Feline Calico Feminine (1$L Hunt Prize)
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5A
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Pompon Hair - Rye (Review Copy)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Earthstones, Ti'ana Set (150$L in Hunt)
Dress: Spyralle, Candy Corn Fractal Frock (gift)
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Stockings: Blacklace, Red Riding Hood Stockings
Shoes: G Field, Strap Shoes "Alex" Patent Leather - orange (gift)

Poses: Glitterati,

Location: Octoberville
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Cragelica

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty and Halloween-y orange. I love those wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete