Friday, October 7, 2011

Beside Myself

Are We Lost?

Recently, I managed to recover the password of my original Deoridhe account, made almost two years before my main one. This brings up an interesting thing for me in terms of self-identity; I have made other Deoridhe's (one placeholder when lastnames went, and the others because I really liked the last names) but they never felt quite like "me" in the way that Deoridhe Starr does, even while I'm logged on Deoridhe Quandry.

This may get confusing, fast.

Fae With Attitude

I had an amusing time of trying to get some of the same lucky board things on both accounts - teleporting each other around to different Ds to double up on the goodness. Finally, I decided I needed to do a photoshoot - largely with the things from the stores already crowding the grid with delightful Halloween outfits. The hair on Quandry was a sort of sideways lucky board find; I saw a girl wearing it while I was stalking a lucky board, and found a new and awesome hair store - Heart Softens - one of a long list of largely Japanese stores which I'm utterly enamored with despite not having the foggiest idea what they're saying. Luckily, Lindens speak universally in Second Life.

Honey Kitty and +NK+ are two more lovely stores that I'm totally in love with. I shamelessly stalked the +NK+ lucky board, collecting the dresses on both of them - but Starr, being the poor alt without much money or history - is the one showing it off. On Quandry is one of the newest Honey Kitty dresses which gave me the cards from the Fall Stamp Event that outfitted poor Starr with her bouncy, cheerful AO - which you obviously can't see, but which I've been really enjoying. My one big purchase on Starr was her shoes - I totally splurged to get her the "Alex" shoes from G Field which were just released. With the straps having multiple options, it was really a fantastic investment for matching to future outfits and well worth picking up the fat pack!

Be Afraid

It was fun juxtaposing Starr and Quandry in pictures, both with the same shape, but with different skins and hair. The style is the same, the personality the same, but doubled up somehow. Starr is perhaps a bit looser, due to her being mostly equipped with freebies, but I rather like the effect of myself times two. That's one interesting thing about virtual existences - you can have them meet up with each other, and while you are inhabiting both, you also are both. With most of my alternate accounts, different facets of my personality emerge - some sweeter, some kinder, some more frisky, some sad and gloomy. Deoridhe is always closest to myself; my Mary Sue when I roleplay and my analog for myself when I'm not in character. In the past I've had Deoiridhe and Deoridhe at once, but never before have two Deoridhe's met.

I think we'll get along.

You First

Credits: 

Deoridhe Quandry:
Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee - Rainbow
Eye Shadow: De La Soul, Simple Rainbow
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Lepore Red
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy
Hair: Heart Softens, Macy - Honey
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Honey Kitty, Cards of Cutie - orange
Stockings: Honey Kitty, Diamond Tights - black and gold
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: G Field, Strap Shoes "Alex" - suede rust

Deoridhe Starr:
Skin: Cupcakes, Snow - Red Brows
Lipstick: Cupcakes, Charm Snow-Gloss-Violet
Hair: +NK+, Kitten Hair Limited Color
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Kira Grande Wings
Dress: +NK+, Witch
Shoes: G Field, Strap Shoes "Alex" - patent orange

Poses: Glitterati and Long Awkward Pose


Location: The Dare!

Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Railingz
Water Settings: TOR, Freak-A-Dermia

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment