Monday, October 17, 2011

Science of Light

There's definitely a theme with watery, flowery places. Most of them have at least once church,, at least one carousal, and probably a piano and/or cello. .XIV is a gorgeous place, though, with a high flying style and a delicate use of light to make everything seem to glow. I especially like the butterflies all over the place, especially those I could position myself strategically near and snap a picture. I have a soft-spot for butterflies.

Pull

The dress is a gorgeous group gift from The White Armory, which was released oh.... a while ago. This is why I mostly fail as a purely fashion blogger; things go into my inventory, come out later and get photographed, but trying to stick close to dates is always a bit of a trial to me! I much prefer something more spontaneous and fluid, something which responds to the moment and my mood rather than being brought in purely from the outside. I'm part of the group for The White Armory, and so I try to pick up the weekly group gift. I'm a very different shape from the standard - much shorter and much rounder - so a good chunk of what I pick up doesn't fit me. I'm always thrilled when I find one of her dresses I can wear, since they're gorgeous, and this one is particularly strikingly gorgeous. The sleeve caps are a perfect finish to an exquisite design, and I was able to fit it very easily since they were modify-ok. Go Go Modify-Ok!

The necklace is from Little Boy Blue, and it's one I've worn for loads of outfits because it had a perfect curve around the neck. It comes in short (worn above), long, and double strand - the last of which is what I usually wear the most. I love the shape of the beads combined with the spacers - it's completely unique.

Time Flies

There's something amazingly ephemeral which has been a guiding force in Second Life, but sometimes I wonder if it's not just that quality of ephemera which can make Second Life - and the internet in general - such a draw away from offline pursuits. It's so much more fun to dress up and pose myself in gorgeous areas than to do my dishes - and that's a real danger. Dishes need to be done, rooms need to be cleaned, clothing needs to be laundered - and having a world where none of that matters, where no dust ever accumulates, is alluring.The lure of places where there are prizes for everything - of positive feedback immediately upon every small action - is also alluring; sometimes it seems like all kinds of accomplishments pass unnoticed even by me, and I struggle to drive myself forward into action when I mostly just want to hide in a world of dreams.

Portal

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5A
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Eyeshadow: cheLLe, Tropical (Blue / Teal)
Lipstick:
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy
Hair: Exile, Lady Versailles - Goldrush
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace: Little Boy Blue, Luxo Necklace - small
Dress: The White Armory, Moonlight Dance
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes - navy

Poses: Glitterati

Location: .XIV Evanesce
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Rebranded Skies
Water Settings: TOR, Crosshatched Plans

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment