Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Family Drifts

Halo

Bryn Oh has a new art display called Family Unit which I'm still grappling with in terms of how it relates to, well... family units. My own thoughts about family units are confused, mixed up between chosen and assigned families, and wanted and unwanted families. I'm not quick to call someone family, and in a way I'm all too familiar with the asymmetrical affection often found and displayed online - much like the asymmetrical affection between famous people and less famous ones. I've had cases where I felt very close to someone, where it turned out they could simply stop talking to me without much thinking about it, and even maintaining that speaking often wasn't important. Other times, I've had people assume a level of right to impede or influence my life when I think of them as little more than a vague acquaintance, if not a virtual stranger.

Offline, I have people who are genetically very close to me who I haven't spoken to in years, and people who I don't speak to often but when we do it's as if no time at all has passed, and people I speak to regularly.

Family is a confusing thing, but I'm glad I have it.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5A
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lipstick: L.Fauna, Lipstick - Red 2
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy
Hair: Secret Hair, Helena - Platinum
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Likka House, Faded Rose
Jewelry: G Field, Pearl Set "Blossom"
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: G Field, Lady Rose - Offwhite

Pose: Glitterati, Long Hair 5

Location: Family Unit by Bryn Oh
Light Settings: TOR SCIFI Railingz 1
Water Settings: TOR Trandshan

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment