Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ballet Bleu

Aplomb

Ever since I saw this barre from Stockholm & Llima at Romp (now available at her main store), I dreamed of how to do this picture set. The animations included several dances, each of them lovely, and the only question was how I was to create the most important thing - the mirror at the back of the practice room for this Prima Ballerina before the show. That took a little doing - and the shameless use of Whiskey Monday's Nothing Endure's But Change Sim, which was largely empty except for an enormous black tree (thanks Whiskey!). It also took combining Stockholm & Llima's barre with this amazing attic hideaway from Frogstar - a blessedly modify-ok structure that I stripped of it's outer casing in order to bend to my nefarious will. The final touch was using the mirror water setting but turning the Fog Density Exponent up to 10.0 so that the door and wall didn't show up at all. The final effect is of a quirky room with enormous windows and floor to ceiling mirrors along the entire back section of the wall. Up close, the illusion is perfect; from a distance, it looks something like this.

Both of the structures I irrevocably modified are lovely in and of their own right. The Ballet Barre Stockholm & Llima made is actually a BDSM tool as well as a lovely dance display - complete with ribbons coming from ceiling mounted brackets and the ability of a second person to take control. There are a variety of bondage animations, 14 M/f animations and 7 F/f animations. There are also some tinting options, and the entire barre is modify-ok, so the opportunities for customization are extensive. The Frogstar attic actually comes with a lovely surround set up for the lighting and large windows. It comes with three options - shabby clean, dirty, and bloody - and comes with and without baked lighting. I used the baked lighting and reinforced it with my windlight, which I think turned out well. It also comes in at only 9 land impact, which is stellar for a large skybox.

En Pointe

The other half of these pictures was initially inspired by the Zenith tutu and collar set, which I fell in love with on sight. It is the best mesh tutu I've seen to date, rigged well and with a charming and inventive style. I love the ribbon effect on the bodice, and the layers of skirt which each hang slightly separately. The collar is sold separately but matches perfectly, both in the heavy ruffles that stick out around my head (check out the open weave at the outer edges!) and in the gold balls rising up from the froth that echo the gold figures worked into the skirt. The collar is rigged to the head and shoulders, moving so that it continues to frame your head perfectly.

I wanted to keep the accessories simple and highlight the tutu, so the gold band on my Ploom hair, though instead of going for a simple bun, I went for dual poofs that add some interest both to the shape of my head and in terms of the gorgeous texture I chose (candy pack remains my favorite~!). The band is tintable, and I chose gold to continue the gold theme, and then reinforced it by selecting Sax Shepherd Designs' gold filigree wings instead of my usual butterfly solids - I think the effect is really striking! By far the hardest part of find were my pointe shoes. These lovely ones from *Etoile* which include the tintable foot, were the closest I found to traditional shoes; they are modify-ok, which meant I could select the pieces included in the shoe to tint it blue, and add a gold highlight in the small bow on the toe. As you can see below, the shape is perfect from the back and side, and since they fit on the ankle much like a boot does, there are no issues with the ankle moving in a distorted manner. Overall, I am thrilled with my first attempt at a Prima Ballerina - and I hope you all are, too!

Tours Chaînés Déboulés

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Ploom, Ouch
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Sax Shepherd Designs, Filigree Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Fallen Gods, DRACO nails
Outfit: Zenith, Orianna Lace Dress and Collar
Shoes: *Etoile*, Ballet Shoes

Ballet Barre and Animations: Stockholm & Llima, The Ballet Barre
Apartment: Frogstar, Sweeney Attic

Location: Nothing Endures but Change
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Anime Ciel (modified)
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment