Strawberry has another meme for us, and this time it includes trying to make a video of dancing, and then answering some questions. The questions - those are easy. The video - not so much, but I'll give it a go.
- Which dance are you sharing in the image/video and where is it from? - "Too Much Fun" from Sine Wave Dance is my dance that really seems like it's me in a way few other dances ever have. I bought it ages ago and it's one of the two dances which I regularly use when I'm out and about. The other dance I use, and one of the oldest I own, is "skyBORN_fly3" from the BORN Uber Store, and it's one of my only flying dances. I would probably shell out some Linden for more and different flying dances, to be honest; most of SL dance is reality based and I'm not really a reality based girl.
- Which is your favorite dance in Second Life? - Either "Too Much Fun" or "skyBORN_fly3", the latter of which I was handed early on when people saw me with wings. I ended up picking 2 in the series for Linden when I found it because I was so glad to have gotten 3 for free, but 3 remains my all time favorite and I think you can see why. I tend to use skyBORN when the venue is packed and lfy above the crowd.
- What are your favorite dance animation stores in Second Life? – I honestly don't keep up much with animations in Second Life; "Too Much Fun" is Sine Wave Dance, and I picked it up after seeing it in a club and falling in love. The BORN Uber Store mostly has other things; last I looked the skyBORN three were the only dances there. I also have the HUDs for Burlesque and Belly Dancing from Animazoo. A while ago a bunch of friends and I went to another store and played around, but I have no idea which it was - I was teleported there and I didn't buy anything.
- Are you a frequent dancer in Second Life? – I never really have been. I went to a club a friend ran and spent a little while practicing taking motion pictures of dancers, which was fun, but the conversation was a little lacking and I was weirded out by how men who I agreed to dance with would suddenly act like it was the equivalent of agreeing to have sex with them - I remember one guy I danced with, who accused me of being forward, and then when I said I wanted to know someone longer than a night before I dated them was suddenly pissed at me. He showed up at the next night (it was a weekly event) with his new love of his life, and I have never been so glad to avoid a relationship. They lasted maybe a week or two more, and shortly after he ran one of those "send me an IM and beg for your slot on my friends list" things, and I defriended him.
The longest period of time I danced was while an RPing sim named Wood Bourne was open, and I was the Regular Donor of the Second in Command of the city; he and I danced a decent amount - couples dances. There was also a Friday night theme night in the club which was fun. That was also the only time I ever worked at a club, when we tried to make it more "professional" and bring in outsiders, and when I realized I wasn't suited for club life; I loved being bubbly and friendly at people, but I hated the shilling for Linden aspect, especially when some of the dancers would get really shirty because they weren't getting paid. Sometimes I tipped in, but since it was a strip club people would then get all sexual at me and it just made me flustered and uncomfortable. These days, I mostly dance at social gatherings and musical events when they're associated with something else I like - like I'll go to the Bare Rose Balls sometimes, and the last Fallen Gods Anniversary I took pictures of all of the attendees.
- Are you a frequent dancer in the real world? – I really am, mostly of the Victory Dance type. I'm a slob, and when I clean an area of my house that has been full of crap before, I often dance in it. I'll also dance when my clients successfully do something they're struggling with, and I do a lot of wriggling in general to music and the like.
( Pictures here. )
Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Curio Obscura, Princessy Hairstyle
Crown: Razzberry Ink, Lolli Crown
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Silver
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Dark Passions, Koffin Nails
Shirt: Violent Seduction, Lolita Blouse
Dress: Psych0, Rainbow Cupcake
Bow: Remarkable Oblivion, Briar Bow
Bloomers: Scribble, Bloomers
Shoes: Epic, Neo-Trekker's Goot Gear
Dance 1) Sine Wave Dance, Too Much Fun
Dance 2) BORN Uber Store, skyBORN_fly3
Location: My Platform
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Das Fog
Water Settings: Mirror Water
Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only