Friday, March 21, 2014

An Interesting Question

Split Nature

For a while now I've been considering slipping in some simpler posts - just a single picture and the credits - as part of having both a more regular blog presence and getting through my inventory faster - as I often stall at an outfit until I feel up to typing up a more elaborate copy and sending out notecards to people. I've gotten a lot of feedback that creators love my copy, and I definitely wouldn't stop writing - dear gods no way could I - but there are times I want to pull together a look, take some pictures which might or might not be good, post them up, and call it a day. I'd love to hear other opinions, though - one interesting thing about blogging so much with intermittent feedback is that it's hard to know what really works, so I'd love to hear what anyone reading this thinks.

This is a fun look that I mostly pulled together to show off some amazing stuff people sent my way, and to serve as a contrast to all the pastel I've been mainlining recently. I think I ended up looking like a hooker - Charlie assures me I look like an expensive hooker, but I'm not so sure. Speaking of Charlie, he's just recently opened a sim for gathering Roleplaying Shops and Information in one place - the sim Imagine. I have a small spot dedicated to rainbows which has a few links to my website and a bunch of items I really like; the bulk of it is a little mysterious, so make sure to look around for nooks and crannies. There are a bunch of spots for affiliate stores, and events which will come later on, and hopefully it will be an excellent resource for roleplayers of all ilks. I particularly like how Charlie combined multiple genres smoothly throughout the sim. I stuck mostly to what I call his "Roman" section, because the shadows were a lot of fun, but believe me when I say the sim has a little of everything.

Around the Corner

Anyway, back to my new attempt to support my Gacha habit. The shirt is a new release from a rename old favorite of mine. What was once Rue is Devae, and while the name has changed, the awesome textures have not. It's a delicate, wispy sort of thing, which reveals a lot depending on the angle. Pairing single pieces of clothing is always a challenge for me, and in this case I was helped by an old Rue miniskirt which has come to my rescue before, and which pairs beautifully with her new release. I added panties from Adam n Eve simply because the alternative was flashing everyone, and I ended up with a pretty little lace line along the top of my skirt that I rather enjoyed. Around my neck is a new I <3 RP release from Eclectica so that my allegiance to Death that Rises from the Deep can be demonstrated. To top it all off, I added an old crystal-style hair from Wasabi Pills which I really love. The crystal hair colors are ones she sometimes releases of Fifty Linden Fridays, and they are a wonderful addition to the spectrum of colors she uses. I also really enjoy the delicate hair strands of this style and how well they're rigged to move when my head turns.

Light Steps on the Stones

I added in a bunch of new releases from Sax Shepherd Designs to my basic building blocks, some of which are meat to go together and others which are clearly not. The petals waist cincher and mules (available at The Theme Park) match beautifully and added a bit of pastel to my look - what can I say, it's a weakness. I was amazed at how well the cincher in particular fit; it's rigged mesh but it fits like a second skin and tucked easily under my shirt. The earrings - huge and fun - are in high contrast but really fit my anything-for-Linden aesthetic. They (along with a series of monocles) come with a HUD to change the colors of just about everything, which is a Sax Shepherd hallmark. The wings are also a new release, and I am so thrilled I can show these off. I got a lucky chance to see them a little early and simply fell in love; they manage to be at once metallic and delicate, and now that I have color changing you will likely see them flutter in and out of my life at regular intervals. The final touches were my cosmetics. My bright and rich eyeshadow from Souzou Eien was just released and comes in a variety of soft fades and heavy eyeliner that I think really make my De La Soul eyes stand out. I added an orange tinted shade from Pink Fuel - one of several shades of metallic lipstick which I simply fell in love with. I echoed it in a fun polish from Flair which has the same saturated shade of orange to contrast with the soft pinks in the rest of my look. I had a ball putting this together, and I hope you enjoy looking.

Long Rays of Evening

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Ivette
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Earrings: Sax Shepherd Designs, 80's Glam
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Souzou Eien, Fairy Eyes
Lipstick: Pink Fuel, Metallic Lipsticks
Wings: Sax Shepherd Designs, Filigree Wings
Necklace: Eclectica, Octopus Neckpiece (We <3 RP)
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Flair, Applier 178
Shirt: Devae, Threads / Poet Cami
Corset: Sax Shepherd Designs, Petals Waist Cincer
Panties: Adam n Eve, Ana Lace
Miniskirt: Devae (Rue), Threads / Artist Miniskirts
Shoes: Sax Shepherd Designs, Petals Mules

Poses: HelaMiyo

Location: Imagine

Light Settings: TOR, DUSK Siennarel
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous <3 And for anyone who wonders, the skirts never ended up released under Rue, so they'll see the light of day unde Devae. Thanks for showing them both, Deo - they look great on you!

    As to the question - For one, I think you ought to do what you are inspired to do, whether that means lengthy posts combining fashion and contemplation, or just an image of what delights you found in your inventory that day. For two, *I* like the variety as a reader - I thoroughly enjoy your long wordy posts, but I also don't always have the time or the energy to invest in reading them when they are posted (and often end up reading days or weeks ... or months >_> later), so getting to see your beautiful face more often with less words would work quite well for me too :P

    Love ya Deo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am so embarrassed I didn't realize they were never released, but I'm glad they'll be coming out under Devae.

      I always like hearing from you, even far in arrears my darling Rue~<3

      Delete
    2. hehe no worries! I am nothing if not confusing ;) <3

      Delete