Monday, February 3, 2014

Shimmers in the Snow

Sledding Accidents

For the first time in a year, I have no real challenges; no real prompts for what I'm going to look like or try to emulate. So much of last year was task driven - trying to meet the Disneybound or Twisted Color Challenges - that it's been novel trying for inspiration from other sources. In this case, I started with the dress from Sn@tch and simply fell in love with the black and silvery gray combo, though like all Sn@tch clothing it's available in a ton of colors. The quarter sleeves are unusual in mesh, and I really like the collar line as well - it's almost horizontal which gives it a classy edge. It cut in a little on the shoulder depending on how I moved. The skirt was very ruffly and sits well out from the body; it moves very well and hangs naturally for a whole lot of different poses; I added some bloomers underneath, though, because whenever I sat down it was up at my chin! I love rigged mesh and fluffy skirts, but we still don't have real gravity in Second Life. That got me going distinctly monochoromatic, and this recent release from Adore & Abhor gave it a slightly Lolita vibe while keeping the classy shine of silver. The bow is actually white, but the texturing makes it look distinctly satiny, and I really love it. I tried a few different hairs and ended up trying on this Mina hair with a loose, flyaway style which I really like. The bits of hair flying over the front makes it look like I'm constantly moving.

Attempt at Details

I went for a simple, sunny pink cosmetic look which ended up being surprisingly complicated - the cheeks with little white stars in it also come from Adore & Abhor, and I paired it with a simple lip gloss from Mock and a black and gray liner from R.ichielli. I was trying for a slightly orangey pink, which is challenging in a world of icy and purpley pinks. I'm also trying something new in terms of layout - trying to highlight accessories a bit more than is possible with my usual three image layout. I'm not sure what I think about it - and I'd love to hear feedback in the comments if anyone has any. That being said, I really did want to show off this awesome ring from Little Boy Blue, which is light reflective and gorgeous. I ended up fitting the band for my finger, and I think it looks really awesome. It was made before SLink was a dream in the eyes of fashionistas everywhere, but it withstands the test of time. My other jewelry, bracelet and earrings, are from Eclectica, and are a gorgeous set of floating pearls. And finally the shoes - these shoes; I can't say enough wonderful things about these shoes. A recent release from Sax Shepherd Designs, I simply adore the jeweled straps which criss-cross the foot beautifully. I picked up the leather fatpack, and it has an astonishing number of options - fifteen jewel or pearl colors, two metals, and seven shades of leather. I went for a fairly simple diamond and onyx combination on black leather, but these are so versatile and add such oomph to an outfit that I can't wait to play with them some more.

Shadows on the Snow

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Mina, Nikky
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeliner: R.icielli, The Eyeliner collection I
Blush: Adore & Abhor, Star Blush
Lipstick: Mock, Fruitilicious Gloss
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Jewelry: Eclectica, Spring Pearls
Ring: Little Boy Blue, Endurance
Nails: Adore & Abhor, Sheer
Stole: Adore & Abhor, Fur Stole
Dress: Sn@tch, Simone Retro Dress
Panties: Sn@tch, Bloomers
Shoes: Sax Shepherd Designs, Mata Hari

Poses: Grafica

Location: Trace
Light Settings: Phototools, Dream Book 4
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment