- I wish more people bothered me. This sounds weird and pathetic, but since I started my "How NOT to..." series, I've really been sad when I've gone months and months without anyone harassing me so I can't make a funny post and feel all witty and awesome. They're also huge drivers of traffic, and I like seeing my numbers go up, even if it's a halo effect and no one extra really starts reading my blog. I also like the random fun conversations that pop up where I meet someone new and they are awesome. I've been considering actually saying hi to people more just to get some of the fun (I mean, the teenager asking if I thought teenagers should be allowed in Second Life was a giggle, but it's so short it wouldn't make a good post).
- My inventory is meticulously organized in terms of clothing. My subfolders have subfolders which have subfolders. One of my favorites is: Clothing / Clothing By Color / [Color] / Accessories / Jewelry / Sets - see how deep it is? It's fantastic and means I can often find what I'm looking for very easily. I organize by color except for my hair, which is overwhelmingly blond and organized by length and style, and when I'm dressing I often begin with the color I want to wear.
- I hate being naked in Second Life. I've gotten more comfortable with temporary nudity between outfits, but for a long time I changed between two outfits without ever flashing my naughty bits anywhere. I've also relaxed a little on showing skin in pictures, but I still prefer my more complicated outfits to something like a simple bikini.
- I am judging you. By and large, I will keep it to myself, but I am judging, and forming opinions, and sometimes thinking insulting things and rolling my eyes. And sometimes I'm thinking you're amazing, in which case I might speak up, but I try to keep my judgy nitpicks to myself, which is why I love the bothering in Confession 1, because it gives me an excuse to let my inner judgy person out to breathe a little bit.
- I love Second Life Drama. Not enough to start it deliberately - I'm not a troll - but I find what people get upset about, and why, and how completely riveting. I think what upsets us and makes us feel threatened tells a lot about who we are, and so whenever there's drama I'm there on the sidelines mainlining strawberries and trying to figure out all of the different perspectives.
- If there's a rainbow on it, I'll buy it. I'll also always nag creator friends to make rainbow things. I try to not be obnoxious about it but... I really do love rainbows.
( More pictures here. )
Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: White Widow, Asia
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, 13 Lips Fire Red
Hair: Secrets Hair, Marie (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Purple Moon Creations, Dragonfly Gown (Group Gift)
Location: It all starts with a smile
Light Settings: Incongruent Truths
Water Settings: Glassy
Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only