Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wrapped Up With A Bow

New Life

A long time ago, I began to notice some changes in packaging and started collecting some of the most fantastic and my favorites, meaning to pull together a few now and then for pictures. And I kept forgetting, or having something else to do, but finally I have pulled them all together and they are epic. These are just the ones with built in poses with me standing, so they're a little more repetitive than my usual shots, but I really think the inventive and glorious packaging - all of it giving you things either automatically or with a single click - speaks for itself. Above is the packaging from De La Soul, which contains the tree that is in the middle of the store along with a picture of the product. Below is an adorable corset-purse from Favole (since closed) that I seriously considered keeping just as the purse - it's well made and totally adorable, and comes with the hand-outstretched pose for easy clicking. The Frooti package was probably the funniest, including me falling backwards with fruit flying everywhere; it makes me giggle every time I see it. I also love the dollies, and the tiny packages, all carefully held out so that you can see them and click them easily. Inventive packaging is among my favorite thing in Second Life - it adds such fun and whimsy to a routine endeavor. Each of these pictures is a different store (except for one repeat).

Corset Love

My bow, which is nearly swallowing my head, was an awesome release from SoliDea FoliEs, a store which has joined my growing list of stores to check out when I have some time and attention. I love the big, swoopy curves. My one complaint is it is very hard to find a hair to fit under it - I once talked about making a "hood friendly" hair folder for moments like this, especially now that more and more hair is un-editable mesh. My hair is a gorgeous release from Truth that I picked up after finally cramming myself into the sim during his sale. I blew a lot of cash for that, and this is one of the awesome, curly results. I love the loose curls - they blow me away, all loose and sweet. My dress is from one of my longtime favorite stores that I haven't blogged for ages - but she is no less amazing; Blue Blood is simply the To Go to store for well made, Gothy Lolita clothing. I particularly love her huge, floofy, layered skirts with their rich and dark textures. She's making some forays into mesh now, but I return time and again to her prim clothing because they're simply fun and still very well made. Check out the adorable bows at my hips; so adorable. Finally, my shoes are from another old favorite, G Field; I've worn her bow boots many times, but these bow shoes I keep returning too because they're simply solid.

Slipping

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Truth, Kasia
Bow: SoliDea FoliEs, Haudrey
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Blue Blood, Acha
Jewelry: Eclectica, 'Flora' Jewelry
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: Orc Inc, Glitterslash
Shoes: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes

Poses: Various

Location: Cupcake
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Silent Heck
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment