Friday, June 29, 2012

How NOT to Make Friends in Second Life

Waterline

In a world where demands for cybersex from random newbies happens all too often, it's easy to begin to think that only men are inclined to be rude to complete strangers in public. Heading over to a sale location that opened today, I was startled by the scroll of text of a group of four people nearby, primarily one of them who seemed to both be unable to read nametags, and also seemed unable to stop the flow of excrement from her mouth. This is an excerpt of the maybe ten minutes I was displeased enough to be in the same space as her.

[I’m An Asshole]: WAIT U FUCKING BITCH
[I’m An Asshole]: LOL 
[I’m An Asshole]: oo a fairy
[I’m An Asshole]: lick my clit
[I’m An Asshole]: LOL
[I’m An Asshole]: Why you leaving me

I moved closer heading into the store to look, and ignoring her since 1) I don't answer to "fairy" and 2) she seemed like a waste of time. This was quickly verified without me doing anything but looking at clothing nearby.

[I’m An Asshole]: Becauser that fairy bitch made me crash
[I’m An Asshole]: lol joke 
[Friend of an Asshole]: oh the one floatin outside
[I’m An Asshole]: i dont mean it i love her really
[Friend of an Asshole]: jks
[Friend of an Asshole]: LOL
[I’m An Asshole]: no i was joking she was cute
[Friend of an Asshole]: oh god
[Friend of an Asshole]: too much
[Friend of an Asshole]: LOL
[I’m An Asshole]: omg she is there
[I’m An Asshole]: lol
[I’m An Asshole]: Sorry fairy
[I’m An Asshole]: i didnt mean it

And then she walked into me, over and over again, until she and her little friends went away, because when you apologize to someone, apparently it shows how regretful you are by bumping into someone who is ignoring you.

Sometimes silence IS the answer.

Curving Bark

A couple quick notes on my ensemble - the outfit is from a sale going on at Silent Sparrow right now of some of her older releases, which as far as I'm concerned stand up over time. The jewelry is a gorgeous set from Elemental, who has some up for 60$L every weekend (though not these this week, her jewelry is always worth a look!). The hair is a recent release from Secrets Hair and is a combination prim-and-mesh hair, which means that while the shoulder pieces are attached, and thus move with you, the updo and extra hairpieces are modifiable. I was able to fit them around my ears with the greatest of ease using "edit linked" and it really saved a gorgeous hairstyle for me!

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Kosh, Lost Souls Eyeshadow
Lipstick: Croire, Glittery Gloss
Hair: Secrets, Sultry - Platinum
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Elemental, Butterfly Kisses
Dress: Silent Sparrow, Dominion Suite - azure
Shoes: G Field, Square-toe Shoes "Sophie"

Pose: Glitterati

Location: The Mystic Dream
Light Settings: TOR, BIG SUN Impires
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment: