Sunday, March 1, 2015

Genre: Reversal of Fortune

I am not only decked out in a bunch of amazing Genre exclusives, but I also built a fun set in the moonlight from the same source; the Dark Arts has been fertile for pushing my style in directions it doesn't often go and this time I did a cool teal look for an icy fortune teller, in contrast to the fiery fanatic of my first look. I also went significantly sleeker and more modern, wanting a high contrast with my prior appearance.

Neither Eyes to See

My outfit is actually a combination of items from two stores - a mini-dress turned shirt from Vengeful Threads, and a pair of leggings from Sn@tch that match so perfectly that they seem made for each other. Both of them are textured with rich colors - a deep black with pale gray highlights, and a wonderfully rich teal that fades in and out of the blackness it is placed upon. The teal seems almost enameled, with hints of the black base beneath and some lovely light edges around the flames of the halter top. The Vengeful Threads halter top itself is quite sexy, with the teardrop cutout and low slung sides holding up a spiked waistband. I love the shift from dominant teal to dominant black, with the veves glowing magically out of the darkness of the skirt. This same effect is echoed on the leggings from Sn@tch - a black background with a pattern of inverted crosses glowing out of it. The effect is nearly a smooth one until the ankles, when the fabric buckles naturally and forms a perfect base for either the standard Second Life foot or the SLink feet I used here. The two together work wonderfully together and make a cohesive look that forms the basis for a truly impressive selection of accessories.

Walking Blind

The first set of accessories all come from one store - Zanzibar creationZ - and work together wonderfully. Firstly the circlet with the soft sea green sliver of moon is one of a variety of crowns with a similar design but different seals on the gray metal "shadow", each representing a different demon from the Ars Goetia. All of the colors come with a different sigil and is named for the demon represented by that sigil - so take care whom you place upon your brow! They come in packs of two - for example, my Leraje circlet also comes with Amon in red. Also from ZcZ is the rings in blackened metal on my fingers - worked in the shapes of runes from Norse and Germanic cultures. Manaz, Uruz, Othilo, Dagaz, and Sowilo make up both hands, placed on various fingers with Sowilo tucked before the second knuckle. They're fit for the SLink Relaxed hand but each ring is editable independently to fit them to any hand of your choice. They are also resizable, which means that even on my unusually sized girl paw it was a matter of stretching them a little to make them fit. At the same time, I added the symbolic black and white manicure and pedicure from ZcZ, including a variety of other symbols - including the anhk one I'm using. I love them for their simplicity, and for symbols with directions there are options for coloring the nails appropriately.

Lambent Glow

ZcZ set a high bar for accessories, but luckily the rest of my accessories clear it handily! Over my eyes is an amazing mask and horns from BluPrintz with lovely dangling crystals. It's color change between several options - I'm showing bone horns with a black mask and yellow jewels, but there are tons of other options for other looks. I found the fit to be easy and there are even small bands which hook over the ears for verisimilitude. I paired it with the lipstick from Sn@tch - also featured above for leggings - a dull color with simple sheen which is a perfect match for the brighter, gleaming eyeshadows you can pick up with it. The final touch to my whole look is this amazing, color change via HUD necklace from LOULOU&CO, which comes in eye and gem styles. I chose the eye, of course, since I even seers need some way to see! It fits perfectly into the keyhole of my Vengeful Threads dress, and the petals and beads can all be shifted to different colors and patterns. It's a creepy and yet lovely accessory that I think all of the blind seers will be selecting from now on!

Walking into my Fortune

The backdrop I build is in the forests of Lasting City, a lovely sim designed and created by my dear friend Charlie. I shamelessly took over a grove, filling it first with the fountain and stone surround from Frogstar, which also include the curving stone frame and the hanging glow stones. I love the use of materials on this in particular - the stone looks slightly damp in the moonlight, catching the light sharply in contrast with the softer and duller ground. In the center I placed an enlarged crystal ball from Noctis - the one with the skeletal hands holding the stone in place. It also moves as you look into it - an eerie effect even in a much smaller globe. Arranged around the fountain are a set of candles in cross bases from Artisan Fantasy, seven total candle colors available. The wood is set to gleam glossily and the candles themselves give off a soft, golden glow. And finally, tucked off to the side and captured above in the shot that took in my non-Genre shoes is a wonderfully programmed Tarot Deck from Anachron which uses the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck that passed into public domain. There are a bunch of spreads available, and more astonishingly the deck is set to give a short description of the card, with additional notes if it's reversed. It's an amazing set for Tarot Readings in Second Life, and I can't recommend it enough!

Moonlit Grove

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Analog Dog, Aeris
Circlet: .: ZcZ :., Sigil Circlet (Genre)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Mask: BluPrintz, Cursed Practitioner (Genre)
Lipstick: Sn@tch, Analisa Lipstick (Genre)
Wings: Remarkable Oblivion, Eternity Wings
Necklace: LOULOU&CO, Necklace Hanami (Genre)
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: .: ZcZ :., Symbolic Manicure (Genre)
Rings: .: ZcZ :., Lotolesse Ring Set (Genre)
Outfit: Vengeful Threads, Touch of Evil Mini (Genre)
Pants: Sn@tch, Mala Leggings (Genre)
Shoes: Deadpool, Graveyard Shift 2 (Limited)

Set:
Frogstar, Midnight Pond (Genre)
Noctis, Crystal Ball 1 (Genre)
Artisan Fantasy, Maiden Tor Ritual Candles (Genre)
Anachron, Tarot Card Deck (Genre)

Pose: Grafica

Location: Lasting City
Light Settings: Phototools, Moon Light 05

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for blogging! Gorgeous pics! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked it~!!

      Delete