Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hunting Across Second Life for Ingrediants

Love is... words and deeds

One thing I really like about the new MadPea Hunts is how short they are - fifteen stores from beginning to end, with a little hunting at the beginning and end to fill out the story. This time I decided to take some pictures along the way, one per store, which was a really fun diversion from hunting (and I have some more pictures to take tonight!). I'm not promising that I always took pictures near the hidden thing, and it's never shown in the pictures, but I often found something photographic on the way to where I'll teleport to the next store. I really had fun on this hunt. All of the hints were good. Sometimes you had to travel to find the hint location, but the hint itself was always good and many of the items were large enough to find without straining your eyes and crying. I actually managed it in a single night and really had a fantastic time.

Love is... always having someone just a whistle away

This time, trying to take pictures, I really noticed how many stores had decorative areas in them to enjoy and pose with. Even the smallest stores had a bit of drama outside of the front door, like the gorgeous skyline above, or a little table and shadowy figure, or even actual Dwarfins around a cheery fireplace with chairs they could actually sit in. I wanted to take a picture of one of them in the chair, but at the time another Dwarfin had his head under my skirt and it felt a little indecorous to make a permanent record of. I met a few people along the way, too - a couple of people I passed hints to once I was past where they were, and one newbie I passed my newbie folder to at MadPea Island (which is again entirely remain and entirely awesome). I'm sure the complaining and snideness will show up as the month goes on, as it always seems too, but for now I'm basking in the warm glow of a really fun hunt with a really heart warming storyline.

Love is... reckless

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeliner: Eternal Darkness, Harlequin Tears
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Star
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sachiko Mesh (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: katat0nik, Jester Dress - dark pink
Shoes: G Field, Strap Shoes "Alex"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: MadPea Store Hunt Locations
Light Settings: Various

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment