Thursday, February 21, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 8 - Morning Rose

Through the Woods to Grandmother's House

Morning Rose was a combination of pink and a pale green or teal, a combination which never seems like it should work even though it really does! I'm still rocking the Lassitude & Ennui sundress from the Zodiac release for Pisces, and I'm not sure I'll be able to take it off any time soon. I really fell in love with the shape and style - plus pisces! - though today I noticed the butt was a little off for some of the poses, it lined up perfectly int he third image below, so I really can't complain. I think it's just that I tend to have a rather tight, round bum in Second Life, so the tendency for mesh dresses to conform to the larger junk in the trunk trends throw me off. I've been sitting on this hair from Wasabi Pills for a while, always struggling with a look to pull it off, and I think I finally found it. I ended up not using the golden hairbase as it seemed really dark, especially against my skin; instead I took the white hairbase, tinted it my skin tone, and it seemed to give the effect of a shaved skull without being overpoweringly dark.

Shadowed Reflections

The jewelry is a set from a very old store, Kyccie's, which closed years ago and yet had such a unique style I still keep it around. With sufficient skill, items in Second Life can continue to flatter the discerning fashionista! Also a much older release but still incredibly well done are my wings from Fancy Fairy, the wings I wear in almost every picture I take, though tinted in different shades. With the advent of mesh, though, I'm kind of hoping I can find a similar mesh effect, so side pictures will be a lot easier; these are still flat textures, if gorgeously done ones. Another of my staples are the hands from SLink; they really finish off my hands in a fantastic way. I don't make much use of the extended gestures, though; the casual hand is so versatile. For a long time I didn't use the blender tattoo layer included, but since I've started using it, it's been a lot easier to take pictures form all kinds of angles. The crowning touch was these gorgeous boots from G Field which I always seem to return too time and time again; I love the delicate green lacing against the pink flowered cuff in particular. Even up close, these boots are flawless.

Long Road Home

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Adam n Eve, Glitz Groovy Greens c
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, May Lipcolor iCandee
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Aida (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Jewelry: Kyccie's Creations, Hopeful Flower (store closed)
Dress: Lassitude & Ennui, Naiad sundress
Boots: G Field, Long Cuff Boots "Will"

Poses: !bang

Location: Hazardous
Light Settings: Bryn Oh's Virginia Alone
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment