Saturday, February 2, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 5 - Lilac Suede

Fractal Reflections

With Lilac Suede, I have caught up on the Twisted Color Challenge - and now it's just a matter of staying caught up! This is another unexpectedly lovely combination, though my notes suffered a minor snafu when I began taking the next set of pictures before uploading these! That being said, I was able to reconstruct the look (I think!) except for the eyeshadow. I've been hampered by weird problems rezzing the textures on my head - I think this might be a side effect of the new ways of processing the appearances of avatars. I still think the look is gorgeous, though, complete with tinting the skin slightly lilac to match, and I love the dark green with the very pale violet that resulted. This challenge is definitely stretching my styling skills, but it gave me a chance to pull out this awesome and fantastic hair from Discord Designs - also available for petites. I dressed it up with a gorgeous Lucky Board prize from Indigo Oddities, a fantastic green confection with a very low cut front. The jewelry is from a very different store than I usually wear jewelry from - Sn@tch - and I totally would have forgotten about this set if I hadn't been looking for lilac things and stumbled across it. I'm very glad I did - the style is casual and fun, and really works with the overall look. Sn@tch should totally do more jewelry! Finally, the shoes have been in my inventory a while waiting for the right look to go with; a fun, flower-decorated shoe from Felicity, you can tint the flower separately to make it work with all sorts of color combinations, which clearly means it or one of it's sisters will be back on my feet for another challenge!

Future's Embrace

This is actually photographs taken at an unusual Art Gallery called The Guild of Lys Noir, with interactive and sometimes difficult to find doors leading you through it. There are some lines on the wall or through the water to guide you on your way, and there are large markers near the doors - which react to your approach - that open a wide variety of ways, including sinking down into the ground! I found it a bit confusing at the beginning, but ended up really enjoying it and the more theatrical effects of the gallery. The addition of water under the pictures so that they can be reflected down and doubled up was really striking, and I have to admit I'd like to see more galleries take a leaf from this tree; it really is an amazing and Second Life specific effect. One problem I have with a lot of galleries is that they seem to be pale shadows of offline ones, but The Guild of Lys Noir really takes advantage of what Second Life has to add to the artistic world.

Into the Distance

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, Realism Eyes - Portal
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A

Mock, Kayla's Lilac Maurea Mod Masque
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Rue, Painted Lip Service
Hair: Discord Designs, Flora lilac
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Indigo Oddities, Wistful Wisteria green
Jewelry: Sn@tch, Bellefleur Jewelry Set
Shoes: Felicity, Xana Lilac Suede Stilettos (promotional item)

Poses: Glitterati


Location: The Guild of Lys Noir
 

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment