Saturday, February 9, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 6 - Poetic Spa

Tilt a Whirl

I am a completely different shades of Poetic Spa, but I think I rather like it! Aydryan, from Sublime Shroud Kreations, has been my go-to store for finding twisted color combinations, and I've been shocked at how many I've found. This is no different, though I'm afraid the nature of my pictures means I'm showcasing a few of the flaws of flexible prim clothing, but I think the pictures look awesome anyway. I paired it with an awesome new release from Lelutka which cut into my ears a little, but some judicious ear-moving took care of that, and a gorgeous new release from Glow in the shape of this chocolate heart jewelry.

Keep in mind, the only editing I did on these is cropping; otherwise, they are exactly what I saw on the screen in Second Life. It is significantly disorienting, but you can walk sideways and upside down (much in the same style as Bryn Oh's newest release on Immersiva) around some sort of ball of a world. What really threw me was not having a good sense of where "up" was. Since Second Life's camera starts flipping if you angle perfectly up or down, I kept having my camera freak out on me while I was taking pictures because I thought I was aiming to the side, but I was actually aiming perfectly up or down. Very challenging, but also a whole lot of fun!

Oblique Angles

Things got really topsy turvy for a while, as you can see, and when I finally stood up from the scripted ball which made the whole thing possible, I took a nozedive for the world far below. It really reminded me strongly of The Little Prince, who traveled between many different planets, most of them small enough that he could easily walk around them. It's a dreamy, slightly disturbing story which I met again through an entirely different culture's eyes in the Boogiepop comics. One of the notes on translations included both the English translation of a second book by Antoine De Saint-Exuprey, and a translation from the Japanese, with the translator noting that the meanings of the prose seemed to transform slightly between languages, and the two step hop was significantly different from the one step hop.

To my eyes, you are filled with gentle nobility. I see a king with the power to grant water, or a friend... Or even an enemy, coming to me through you. Yet at times I know that I no longer have any enemies. (from the Japanese)

And I, in my turn, shall recognize you in the faces of all mankind. You came toward me in an aureole of charity and magnanimity bearing the gift of water. All my friends and all my enemies marched toward me in your person. It did not seem to me that you were rescuing me: rather did it seem that you were forgiving me. And I felt I had no enemy left in all the world. (from the French)

Sudden Shocks

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Triumphant Eyeshadow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: Mock, May Lipcolor Twine
Lipstick 2: Mock, Lucir LipColor Venom
Hair: LeLutka, Lillian
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Jewelry: Glow, Hatti Vatti
Dress: Sublime Shroud Kreations, Lady Marcella Red
Shoes: Falln Angel Creations, Akito Shoes Yellow

Poses: HelaMiyo

Location: PotPourri Markets
Light Settings: CB's Rouge 5
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment