Monday, October 7, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 40: Coffee House

Topsy Turvy

Coffee House is a very sweet color combination - a dark, bitter brown with a greyish aquamarine; at once neutral and colorful. I was able to find things which worked form head to toe, and in honor of the contrast of these two colors I decided to keep my look otherwise fairly basic - no eyeshadow or lipstick, just the bare Izzie's skin I started wearing recently. I had briefly considered doing a whole post about the different skins I tried and what I thought of them, and then life happened and I didn't want to wait on taking a bunch of pictures to get started with my new skin. Since I tend to be very skin-loyal, I wanted this skin to serve me on a number of levels. Firstly, I wanted a tone that I really liked, and this yellowish base with peach overtones was simply perfect for matching my offline skin. Secondly, I wanted a simple nude base; while Izzie's has more eyeliner than I tend to prefer, it otherwise was perfect - the lips are only slightly pinker, and thus could easily be a natural tone. Thirdly, I needed features which worked with my somewhat unique features; my lips are thinner than the norm on Second Life, and my eyes are differently shaped - to better match my actual eyes - and that can distort many skins on my mesh. Again, as you can see, Izzie's fit the bill perfectly. Finally, I wanted a blond brow that was on the skin, so that I had all of my tattoo layers available for cosmetics, and Izzie's kindly comes with no-brow and different natural-brow shades on the skin. I've been really happy with how it's worked int he last half-dozen shoots, and so I'm ready to settle in with this as my next, semi-permanent skin and begin re-titing all of my HUDs and accessories. Ah, the life of a fashionista.

Moments Before the Splash

I took advantage of the blond brow by wearing this gorgeous recent release from Wasabi Pills, a rigged mesh short hairstyle with tintable hairband - which I tinted the proper shade of brown - included. My jewelry is an old, HUD recolorable set from Virtual Impressions, one of my many purchases since joining her excellent group - if you like having a wide variety of interesting and adaptable jewelry in your inventory, I highly recommend you join as well and take advantage of the sale price on new releases given to all group members, as well as the generous group gifts. My dress is from a new-to-me store called Panda Candy, which I found through an unsolicited notecard drop; it's a very simple gown accented by an unrigged, partially mesh belt with some flat prim attachments; the gown moved very well, but the belt could be a bit more finicky, and I repositioned it for most of these images so that it would seem to fall naturally around my hips. I would have loved to see it instead incorporated into the gown, perhaps unwrapped on a separate face so it could be tinted separately as I did here, but overall it's a store I'll be keeping my eye on. Finally, my fun shoes are on sale right now (yes, I actually managed to blog a deal while it was going on; I hope you didn't hit your head when you fainted) from Felicity. They're unrigged, HUD driven shoes with a whole slew of options, so hurry and check them out. Also, you would not believe how important angle is in the picture I took of them.

Picnic View

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Jade
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Orc Inc, Metallic Fade
Jewelry: Virtual Impressions, Cheryl
Dress: Panda Candy, Haruki
Shoes: Felicity, Shayna (Steals and Deals)

Pose: Grafica

Location: Calas Galadhon: Armenelos
Light Settings: Nacon's Natural 10 am
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment