Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 38: Hawthorne’s Dusk

Warm Summer's Day

Hawthorne's Dusk is a lovely combination of a soft, warm red and a bright, clear gray. I went rather heavier on the red than the gray, using the latter as accessory and not the main attraction. They mix in my gorgeous wings from Deviance, silver for the veins and rich red for the membrane. These are rares from her Gatcha, but I really hope that she continues to make wings because the styling and texturing on these are completely exquisite, and I would love for ones as intricate as the rares to be easily available to everyone. Silver and red mix as well in my fern-like jewelry from Eclectica, complete with delicate rings and a lovely tiara. The metal and stone are tintable in a ton of different colors, which makes it easy to match to lots of outfits - a feature of all of Eclectica's creations, which makes her one of my favorites. Thirdly, I was able to pair silver and red in gorgeous nails from Orc Inc, in the glory of her glitteryness - I adore her glittery nails, and especially the sheer opulence of the number of choices she gives in her large sets.

Light Foot

As for the two solo colors of this outfit - the dress is a gorgeous release from Impish which I picked up at an event along the way - they are now available at her store, I checked - with a funky, loose Nineteen Twenties vibe with fun Art Deco patterning on it. I especially like the handkerchief hem - something difficult to accomplish with rigging in Second Life, though this one moves well with different poses. Finally, my amazing SLink adjacent shoes are from Sax Shepherd Designs, and I've worn them for a few different looks recently, but I think this is the best picture I've gotten of them so far. They're a deceptively simple, slip on shoes with a bunch of options in recoloring the heel, base, and the cross straps. I love them for deceptively casual looks, like I was just lounging around in my vintage-wear when struck with the mad desire for some flowers.

To the Fortune Teller's

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene Skin porcelain
Hair: D!va, Tina
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir LipColor Venom x3
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Orc Inc, Glitter Split
Jewelry: Eclectica, Harikoa I
Dress: Impish, Vintage Vamp Dress
Shoes: Sax Shepherd Designs, Flirt Cross Strap Mules

Poses: Don't Freak Out


Location: Miracle Love
Light Settings: Places, Greed
Water Settings: Nacon's Lake Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment