Friday, November 16, 2012

Pink Crush

Train Game

Pulling together a look for blogging is always an interesting process, half impulse and half planning. I usually start with the look; some item of clothing which sticks and makes me want to take pictures. In this case it was the gorgeous crushed velvet on this dress from Nomine (briefly on sale for 100$L until sometime too soon so hurry there fast). I'm pretty sure the mesh itself is a template, since the same dress showed up at another store with different texturing (I bought some of those, too), but I have to admit to loving the style, and the rear end isn't as watermellony as others so it was a go for me. I also love the texture, and it's that which really makes this dress - the muted velvet softness, the richness of the color while it's still soft instead of bright, this is really a hallmark of Nomine's clothing style and I love seeing it applied to a well made mesh base.I'll be fascinated when Nomine starts making her own mesh, though; based on the quality of her sculpts, they will really be something special. So the impulsive piece, initially, was this dress - simply because the textures really captured me. The Eclectica jewelry was a present, and I put it on on impulse, since I'm trying to clear through my "new" folder, but the style was so perfect for the deep v-neck of my dress that I simply couldn't resist. It's color changing, two different gem sets and the metal. I really love the chandelier effect of the hanging beads all layered over each other.

High Grass

So with two basic pieces in play, it was time to round out the outfit - and that is always a bit of a challenge, especially with starting colors this lush; the hair I picked up at collobor88, one of D!va's gorgeous releases. It doesn't quite fit my ears right, but with the right coloring and angle who can tell? The loose updo style also fit the dress well, being both classy and yet still carefree. It struck me as the kind of style where initially it was tightly bound but hours of bright lights and partying has loosened the braid, sent little tendrils flying free, and in a few hours I'll finally take it off and pull off my high boots after a long night of partying. The boots were the final, hardest thing - I ended up pulling out a set I'd picked up from Lassitude & Ennui, which is fast becoming a favorite shoe store of mine. I couldn't find the right color, though, and this is where I thank creators for leaving their items modify-ok! I was able to take the gray and tint them, and I think they really look lovely with the rest of the ensemble.

Now to put my feet up and have a cool drink.

On My Wavelength

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: SLink, Eyelashes
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Post Pink
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Flirt
Hair: D!va Hair, Daria (Collobor88)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Jewelry: Eclectica, Cascade (gift)
Dress: Nomine, Mesh Zipper Dress (100$L Sale)
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Phoebe Mesh

Pose: Glitterati

Location: : ) B C C
Light Settings: CB, Rouge 6
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment