Saturday, November 17, 2012

Harlequin Unleashed

Queen's Room!

I've been going through my inventory, trying to sort out what I want to keep from what I don't, and trying to clear out some dross and detritus. Unfortunately, being who I am, I keep stumbling across things I wanted to photograph, or meant to, and never got around too - which is how we come to today's Harlequin, courtesy of Sublime Shroud Kreations. This is the rainbow colored one, which isn't entirely rainbow but is an amazing brilliant combination of orange and purple which simply explodes off of the screen, standing out no matter what windlight settings are used. I decided to have some fun sneaking around Rennister Castle, a new release from my friend Charlie at De La Soul. The idea of an impish harlequin sneaking around behind the Queen and her Captain's back amused me beyond telling.

Proper Use of the Library

Harlequin is one of the characters from Comedia dell'Arte, an Italian style of play beginning in the 16th century which established some of the traditions we still practice today - like female actors and improvisation, as well as prop-based styles of acting. Harlequin is a trickster, a comic servant who was known for his agility and gluttony. Later, he begins to be a more romantic character, but even in the early days he was sometimes paired with Columbina, one of the more intelligent of the archetypes in Comedia dell'Arte. He dances in motley, and here I'm in a style of brightly shaded motley, dancing like any Harlequin in the absence of my Masters.

Sly

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: SLink, Eyelashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Star - Baroque Orange
Hair: Exile, Beyond the Waves
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Dress (includes mask): Sublime Shroud Kreations, Harlequin - Rainbow (promotional item)
Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Feet

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Isle of Amras, Rennister Castle
Light Settings: Places Astryls Wild
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Great post, and the first pic had me grinning wide...fun. Cleaning inventory usually tends to take so much longer than it should, finding such fun items as this :)

    xoxSasyxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does, but that kind of makes it worth it - all kinds of magical bits falling out and making me so happy!

    ReplyDelete