Sunday, November 20, 2011

Vintage Roses

High Above the City

Like a lot of people, I ended up taking a gander over at the Vintage Faire - not only for a view at some new things, but also as a chance to scout out stores and look for new names to add to my (admittedly long) list of stores to keep track of. I ended up spending more than I expected - but I always do! A couple of old favorites hit the top of the list; Eclectica is a longstanding favorite of mine, and ever since she sent out the pictures of the gloves and hat I have felt a deep longing for these gloves. I thought one pair might be enough (she has three styles) but I think I may be forced to go back for more. The roses have texture change, but like all of Eclectica's stuff (love it!) it's modify ok!

The dress is another old favorite - Icing. I have to admit, I dithered a bit on buying it (I have a lot of short black dresses with flowers on them), but the flutters at the side really change the silhouette a lot, making it more interesting than a lot of small black dresses, and I've a total weakness for an altered silhouette. The flowers cling to a number of places, which makes the dress itself work with a lot of poses. I echoed the color in my lipstick (I think it was a free gift) from Pixelated Designs - which is a new-to-me store.

Something's Afoot

The shoes were an awesome match to the hot pink from Dilly Dolls; they're not a style I usually buy, but I have to admit having tried them out I was really impressed. The skin on the feet have texturing on them, which can match it up nicely to the skin on your... well, skin. Fitting them was the usual annoyance, but I don't think I managed too badly! There's a little bit of a "rim" but at a distance you'd never see it. The texturing HUD includes safe spots for colors, so if you move between a few standard skintones, you can save them and easily revert whenever you want to. There are also some default colors - and I'm pretty sure they'll match up with Dilly Dolls's skin perfectly.You can also set custom toenail colors, though I have to admit I didn't play around with all of the HUD options - they were multitudinous.

The necklace finished off the look, and was to reinforce the paler pinks in my new favorite hat and gloves. It's an old necklace; I'm not sure when I got it, but it's one of the few things in my inventory from Bliensen + MaiTai and I really like it. I'm a total fan of the double strand, and while these aren't pearls, they look like a fancy sort of glass adornment. The hair is from Alice Project (store currently closed), another new-to-me store, and they're mesh - which means to most of the grid you're bald. To those who can see, though, they look completely awesome (and as you can see in several of my additional pictures, it curls with your body in an awesome way). There are these adorable curls at the top of the head, and the bottoms also have awesome curls, and I'm completely in love with it. The bangs are separate and come with one of the two hairstyles I picked up; I can't remember which. Fantastic effect, though.

Recline

I ended up going for pictures at the new RMK Gothic Mall. There's been a lot of buzz recently about Second Life malls being doomed by the marketplace; one thing I love about Second Life malls is how often they becomes beacons for beauty, places where the styles of the stores expand out into the landscape to make shopping a much more enjoyable thing.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5-A
Lipstick: Pixelated Designs, Audrey Semi Gloss (Vintage Faire Freebie)
Hair: Alice Project, Bonnie - Blonde (Vintage Faire)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace: Bliensen + MaiTai, Sakura Double
Dress: Icing, Orchid Delight (Vintage Faire)
Gloves: Eclectica, Little Black Pillbox Hat & Gloves - Roses (Vintage Faire)
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Beatrix Heels (Promotional Item)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: RMK Gothic
Light Settings: Midday

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment