Monday, November 21, 2011

Peacock in the Aviary

Two Cocks

One of the fantastic things about Second Life is how theatrical the clothing can become - how unreal and non-normal. I was instantly struck by this new dress from Inga Wind - enough to overlook the alpha issues which are inherent in an outfit like this. At the wrong angle, this looks like mush, but at the right angle it's absolute magic. I adore the colors, too; I was tempted by the golden peacock, but the natural colors are so striking that I couldn't resist. When I found the albino peacock at Tropical Paradise Designs, it seemed too perfect to resist. My long, slick black legs come courtesy of SLink and are mesh - so for more than half the grid you'll look legless with a ball attached to one thigh. The peacock necklace from TERHO rounded it out, and I was able to match the coloring of the peacock with the shiny Wasabi Pills hair on my head - a newer release. I was also able to match the colors on my Eclectica gloves as well - the feathers version this time instead of the roses I was rocking before. There are pearls as well - have I mentioned lately I adore these gloves?

Friendly Flock

There is something alluring about how easy it is to look fantastic in Second Life - without the dust, grime, laundry, and mess of the offline world. There's no need to cook, no need to clean, dust never accumulates, and looking gorgeous is a matter of attaching a folder.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5-A
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kimmy Hair - Golden (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Necklace: TERHO, peaCOCKED Necklace
Dress: Inga Wind, Pavonine
Gloves: Eclectica, Little Black Pillbox Hat & Gloves - Feathers (Vintage Faire - promotional item)
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: SLink, Tall Leather Boots

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Tropical Paradise Designs
Light Settings: Midday

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment