Monday, December 13, 2010

Color Challenge: Week Six - Yellow

The challenge is .... YELLOW!

This close to Goldenrod, I really wanted to go for something bright and over the top for yellow - to set it apart if nothing else. The lemon dress by Frick has always been a favorite - the color is so saturated and yet the style and texturing is still solid (though I remember fitting it being a bit of a pain, since my shape has a belly).

My Yellow folder is sadly thin on the ground, though, and I shook it a few times to get a wealth of accessories - taking full attention of the new feature where I can attack more than one thing to the same attachment point. Yay for two things on the spine!!!

Is it pathetic, or amusing, that I'm this excited by this feature? I loved Emerald's double attachment points, but anyone not on Emerald couldn't see it, so it seemed pointless. This can be seen by everyone, which makes it awesome.

Anyway, back to yellow. Once I had this obnoxiously saturated yellow outfit, I needed a place that could match it - even take it over the top. Given I was wearing a fantastic lemon key, I thought a candy store made sense, and some searching (and an inadvertent look at how other people interpret candy) later, I found Photon's Castle. It's actually a store, with fun furniture and decorations and some paintings upstairs. I had planned to take a couple pictures inside, then go to the grounds (which aren't photographed at all in this set) but I ended up being so charmed by the inside, and how seamlessly things were available for sale and yet didn't stand out jarringly against the decor (not that much would) that I took all my pictures inside.

Level Up!

And then it happened, right there in the store I leveled up!!! OMG! I'm a level four Virtual Photographer!!!!

Party at my place.

(Rest of the pictures here.)

Credits:

Skin: Curio, Petal [Dark] April - Rainbow 2
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ears - Fairy Natural
Hair: Ploom, Dot - Snow tinted Yellow
Dress: Frick, Lemon Lolly
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes - mustard
Monocle: Sanu, Greatest Love Monocle - Banana
Chocker: O!, Bleak Dripping Peal Chocker (large) - tinted yellow
Key: Violet Voltaire, Lollipop Guild Doll Key - Lemon

Pose: Olive Juice, Jumping Through Bubbles

Location: Photon's Castle - fantasy adventure park
Light Settings: [TOR] BIG SUN - Variaitonz

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments: