Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Color Challenge: Week Eight - Green

This week's color is GREEN, a Spring-like color that warmed me up even while I was re-awoken to old pains.

Funny thing about thawing - it's a mixed bag, not exclusively pleasant or painful.

Spring

This is also a Studio Sidhe week. I'm gearing up to join another contest and probably fail, but who knows! I'll be looking at which pictures get the most attention and then either go with one, or refine it further. The sim I ended up on, Emerald Green, is a glorious spot for photography and romance. There are cute little dance areas everywhere, and you get to go up high in the sky or deep under the water (there's a whole underwater area, but it wasn't terribly green so I resurfaced!). I love the waterfalls, and the cute little houses, and there was an adorable mushroomy area but I floated above it, so pictures near it didn't work out. Woe.

Finally, I tracked down RAINBOWS. Now, anyone who has known me for, like, five minutes knows that rainbows are my favorite color. It's goofy and silly, but it's also true. Something about the colors, harmonious but each required to be itself utterly, brings me a great deal of peace. It's like fugues (which is the same thing presented in a variety of ways) or fractals (which is itself, repeated to infinity micro and macro).

So of course I had to take pictures with rainbows. Starting rainbows, against rainbows, around rainbows. I mean... come on.

I don't think they're my best pictures... but..... RAINBOWS!!!

Stop in the name of love!

( Full Set of pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Nomine, Sylvan Latte - pride 1
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy
Hair: La Boheme, Deae Matres
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Recolerable (tinted green)
Dress: Studio Sidhe, Green Leaf Cocktail Gown
Necklace: Illusions, Rose Necklace - Black
Gloves: Bubble, Laced Corset - Green
Stockings: Kuri Style, One Piece 64 Dot
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes - Dark Green

Poses:
Top - Studio Sidhe, Ballerina 5
Bottom - Studio Sidhe, One more thing

Location: Emerald Green
Light Settings: [TOR] SCIFI - Gelatto - made slightly more green

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

4 comments:

  1. the upper pic has a beautiful ambiance and wonderful shades of green :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh... i'm loving your photos! Super awesome for green and hoping you win the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! No word, yet, but who knows. There's always a first time, right?

    ReplyDelete