Saturday, December 4, 2010

Color Challenge: Week Five - Sepia

I have to admit, I quailed at this challenge and eyed my brown folder dubiously, but it only took a short time (my brown clothing is not numerous) to identify the dress I absolutely had to wear - and I had forgotten how beautiful it was. Timepiece 6, by PixelDolls, is absolutely gorgeous and an awesome example of how texturing and flexiprims can create what seems like a cohesive outfit, even when it's really more complicated than that.

I ended up going to the World's End Garden for taking pictures, after some dithering to find a place that was primarily brown. It was hard to get Windlight settings which worked - brown is not an easy color to work with - and the setting I ended up with, Siennarel, had the bonus of some brilliantly colored lights depending on which way you turned.

Looking for a spot for my final picture, I ended up literally falling through the floor, and fell into an area of World's End Garden which I hadn't seen before, which was where the carousal had disappeared to. Combined with the falling cages and fences, it formed the backlight for several more pictures, and the path out forced me toward picture ten. I can truly say for this serious of pictures that World's End Garden as a sim inspired a lot of the images.

Uplifting Butterflies

This is by a large tree which appears in the background of one of the other pictures. Beside it, unseen by me until I approached, was a rising line of butterflies and I was determined to include them in the picture. This, my favorite image, was the result.

(The rest of the photoshoot is here.)


Credits:

Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Skin: Doux Petit, Rainbow Love - tone 2
Hair: Calico Ingmann Creations, Suzume - Burnt Golden
Dress: PixelDolls, Timepiece 006
Shoes: G Field, Short Lace-up Boots - Brown

Pose: Striking Poses, Camera Candy 4

Light Settings - [TOR] DUSK - Siennarel
Location: World's End Garden

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! They're Fancy Fairy, and I love them. Totally tintable, which makes them incredibly versatile!

    ReplyDelete