Monday, July 25, 2011

Bryn Oh: Hunt for Story Fragments

Indoor Flight

I've been really enjoying the Light and Gravity exhibits,today exploring Bryn Oh's glorious build.

It's a deceptively simply one. The first room only has a single exit, and honestly if I hadn't peeked through a wall and seen something I didn't see in the first few rooms, I might have stopped there and moved on to the next display.

Instead, I ended up in a very enjoyable hunt through the build, finding things to sit on as I went so I could insinuate myself into a variety of interwoven scenes. Hopping behind walls, sneaking through narrow crevasses, poising myself at corners and intersections - it was like a treasure hunt with evocative, melancholy scenes around every curve.

Flying Into Microchips

I especially liked how she used light - different tints in rooms, using transparency and shade; it really captured my imagination and attention. Each setting seemed like a little story in and of itself, some hearkening back to tales Bryn Oh has told before and others hinting at stories that might come in the future.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Charlie Nude (with blond brows)
Eye Makeup: Adam n Even, Winter Garden
Eye Liner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lips: Skinthesis, Liquid Heat
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Calico Ingmann Creations, Isis 1
Necklace: Ticky Tacky, Sweet Dreams Necklace
Bracelets: Favole, Friendship
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Dress: !Right, Hayley - white
Stockings: Vestra Messing, Sheer Stockings - grey
Shoes: Deviant Designs, Beach Baby 2 - white

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Light and Gravity: Bryn Oh
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT - Wuxia
Water Settings: TOR, Crosshatched plans

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment