Sunday, July 31, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Thirty-nine - Melon

Melon week has really been a lot of fun, causing me to dig into my inventory and re-discover my lily girl self! I also had a lot of fun with layering makeups in a way I never have before, and dragged out the facial animator to add a happy grin!

Lily Dance

I started with the dress - an old purchase from Boom that I particularly liked because it incorporated a little green, matching the colors of a cantaloupe and hinting at a bit of honeydew. The edging of green and theme of the lily carried me through the rest of my dressing - pairing in a set of G Field's orange stockings and these delightful square toed shoes also from G Field. The lining of the shoe is color changable and I tinted it white to give just the slightest bit of difference between colors. I also repeated the lilies in my hair - another old purchase from Puarangi Designs which I'm thrilled to have kept in my inventory. I ended up making a copy and fitting one to each side of my head, a perfect match for this new hair from Wasabi Pills which the creator was kind enough to throw my way. I've been wearing it for the better part of the day and I absolutely adore it; it almost fit perfectly out of the box; I just had to make it a little bigger to clear the ears!

Into the Woods

The jewelry was a mix of the Kokeshi necklace from Rebel X - I got that from a gatcha! - and bracelets from Glow Studios that I got on one of the weekend deals. Where I really put in a lot of effort and layering was the face, though. Starting with a base of the newest skin from De la Soul - a skin which has now handily replaced my usual Charlie skin from the same store - I layered eyecolor from Jezibell, added Fairy Gold from Adam n Eve, and added definition with Hepsut from the same store. The lips I also did some layering with starting with a base from Skinthesis in the color Brash, a nice mottled orange, then adding a green stripe on top from La Petite Morte. It was a total blast to play so much with layers of cosmetics, combining creations from several stores into a unified and attractive whole! I really love the new layering of system layers you can do in Second Life!

Timpani

I've been an odd mix of impatient and irritable lately, with a weird peace gluing it together. There seems like so much I need to do, so much to see before it disappears, and yet the urge to linger remains. I keep bouncing form place to place, yet am finding myself annoyed by tugs this way and that even while following those tugs. I feel lonely, and yet when people are around I don't always interact. The sim which is closest to my "home" now has opened for roleplaying within the last few days, and yet I'm still sort of caught up - as if cast in amber - unsure who I am there, who I want to be, who I want to be it with. I've been feeling lately the web-strands of all my expectations and desires; they seem to be of a branding heat.

Holy

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream (review copy)
Eyecolor: Jezibell, Joll 7
Eyetattoo: Adam n Eve, Fairy Gold
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut (review copy)
Lipstick: Skinthesis, Liquid Heat - Brash
Lipliner: La Petite Morte, Green Stripe Lips
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Ryoko Hair - Rye (review copy)

Lilies: Puarangi Designs, Hair Lily - Tiger
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Necklace: Rebel X, Kokeshi Green
Bracelets: Glow Studio, Ribbon and Pearls - green
Dress: Boom, Lilly Dress - melon
Shoes: G Field, Square-toe Shoes "Sophie" - olive

Poses: ImpEle

Location: Tol Narwa Vire
Light Settings: Eugene 2
Water Settings: TOR, Atomist

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant colours of these pictures, the melon swatch seemed far too pale in my eyes but this is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Rudh! I actually rarely look at the swatch and go by the name - finding things to match in my inventory and go from there!

    ReplyDelete