Monday, December 17, 2012

Blush on Ice

Grand Finish

I'm a bit of an odd duck in some ways; national tragedies rarely make me feel more connected to others, or more patriotic, or even particularly fond of humans in general. I suppose with a day to day life that is so full of the suffering of others, the suffering of a few more is simply another day at work; I endure it, I cry, I let it whisper through my heart, and then I let it go - retaining the few bits of usefulness i can like a well-made net catches the largest fish. Lately I've been wondering if there's something wrong with me, but I think it's just the hazards of the job - I feel as strongly, but several years in I simply don't attach to my clients the way I used to; I have strong responses, but I can let them rise and fall and then get back to the business of living. There are times I envy the telescopic simplicity I see in various television shows, but I know those are manufactured and not a reality I live in or have any chance of sharing; my life remains complicated, multi-layered, edged with watchfullness, smiles, and tears.

Poised

This fantastic outifit began at the feet, with Dilly Dolls' recent skate releases in a wide variety of colors, each with different heel shades. This is the light violet with white, but it came with black and wood as well for ease of matching to a variety of skating outfits. I went for a professional skaters look above; the dress from Earth & Sky Designs is a templete mesh, but the texturing on it is sweet (it comes both transparent and non, and both textured and non; I'm wearing the transparent textured version) and the price is more than reasonable. I splurged on the fullpack and they gave me a versatile and fun dress in a wide variety of colors. I thought it really suited as a fluttery skating outfit. The gloves from Boom are a very new release which I adore, though I wish the hands were just a smidge more curled, like at rest. That's such a piddly complaint, I know, but otherwise they're divine! I pulled out an old 50 Linden Friday recolor of a Wasabi Pills hair - I love the blond with pink tips so much - and crowned it with another new release, this time from Wishbox. She made a ton more rose accessories, and I ended up buying the entire line of rose crowns. The final touch was an adorable cameo set from Eclectica, hanging just high enough to be seen above the neck and shoulder line. I picked it up ages ago, but it withstands the test of time.

Sudden Stop

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Cheeks and Nose: Izzie's, Redness Tattoo
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Izzie's, Frosty Lips 1
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Cookie Mesh Hair
Flowers: Wishbox, Rose Crown - Pink Tips
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Gloves: Boom, Dame Elbow Gloves
Jewelry: Eclectica, Rococco Coral
Dress: Earth & Sky Design, Sandy Mesh Ruffle Dress
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Ballo Ice Skates (promotional item)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Fellini Couture
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT Brighter
Water Settings: TOR, Ice Like

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment